Author Topic: Favorite Blade to Use  (Read 3885 times)

cherie

Re: Favorite Blade to Use
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 06:21:27 pm »
I used to use Olsen until I tried these: FD-UR, in 3 and 5 sizes.  The 3 works much better than the #2 reverse I used to use from Olsen.

Rightarm

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 10:01:46 pm »
    I use the Olsen Mach Speed #5R. Very smooth cuts. Little to no sanding. Dave 8)

drigolin

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 05:12:21 am »
depending on type of cut my favorite blade is Niqua Top Cut (http://www.niqua.de/) n?1 or 3. With n?1 I use to cut at 18mm (3/4") soft woods.
I use to cut at highest speed to have pieces clean and no need of sanding. Slowing down speed make sometimes cuts not clear and a bit of sanding is needed.
I use omni-directional blades to cut very large fretwork to avoid turning of large pieces because with 40cm (16") depth of my scroll saw that it's impossible. I use Niqua omni-directional blades named "Penguin" of Zarsa blades from http://www.haunstetter-saegenfabrik.de.

My scroll saw pin-less blade adapter tend to "break" thinnest blades (2/0) after couple of insert and release.

Ciao.

UHMNL

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 10:20:43 am »
I am the exclusive dealr for Niqua in the US and Canada.
The top cut blade has two teeth down and one up. I call them the FD-TC.
They seem to stand up real good when cutting wood with glue in it.
FD Mike

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 05:05:22 pm »
great info but what wood are you cutting with these blades, i generally use 3/4" oak, I use Olsen 5R,7Rand 9R seem to get a lot of "fuzzys" any suggestions
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

UHMNL

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 08:27:22 pm »
More and more customers are going with the FD-UR. They cut more straight as most of the other blades.
It has a marking on one end,  telling you what is the top or the bottom.
FD Mike

SMF

Teknoromi