Author Topic: Dust collection for EX-21?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
Dust collection for EX-21?
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:01:12 pm »
Last night while on line I stumbled across a adapter for the Dewalt 788 that you epoxy under the table for dust collection sold by the people that sell the Big Foot arm lift.  Looks like, a great idea and got me to thinking about making something similiar for my EX-21 only I would have to make mine out of wood, I looked today and it seems I have about a 1/2" vertical clearance between the underside of the table and the lower arm at it's highest part of the stroke.  Thinking about using some 1/8" Masonite and 1/4" lumber with a hole in the center for the blade to pass through and a 1" elbow on the bottom connected to my DC.  If it works for the DW788 it should work on my EX-21.  Does anyone know of something similar for the EX?  If not I may try to make one as I like the idea. :)  Right now I am pretty happy with my McGivered hookup but always looking for something better. :)
Bob
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Dust collection for EX-21?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:21:35 pm »
I have a Black&Gold EX-21.
http://www.seyco.com/
It came with a dust collector connection. It is a thin, clear plastic piece that sits under the blade hole. They also drilled a ring of holes in the table around the main blade hole (see the picture). The plastic piece is glued to the underside of the table and is flat. It feels like the table was milled out about 1/8" or 3/16" under the plastic to allow dust to flow to a vacuum connection. The vacuum connection is 2 1/2" and is attached to the table with 3 screws with holes tapped into the table. If you contact Seyco, they probably have that as an option.

I'm not thrilled with this arrangement. Small parts that fall out of fretwork or portrait work get stuck on the plastic piece or btwn the plastic and tabletop.

I have a Stanley vacuum (1.25") that I use on it so I had to adapt to the 2.5" hole. There are no adapters to go from a 2.5" fixture to a 1.25" vacuum (although there are adapters to go the other way) so I cut one with the EX-21 from a piece of 1" pine. You can look for that posting, I think back in Feb. 

EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
Re: Dust collection for EX-21?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:03:01 pm »
That is what I am thinking about trying except I would have to make it out of wood instead of plastic.  The one I saw for the Dewalt is made of aluminum I think.
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

SMF

Teknoromi