Author Topic: fonts  (Read 1462 times)

thumbs

fonts
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:27:20 am »
When my computer crashed I lost all of my fonts that I used in scrolling--Can't seem to even remember their names. does anyone know where I can get these fonts  or maybe share some with me--Thanks in advance--Richard aka thumbs

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: fonts
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:29:36 am »
Interesting you should pop in with this plea!

I was doing major reconstruction on my computer just yesterday and realized that when it blew up a couple months ago I too lost a lot of fonts! So I will be interested in the suggestions also.

Aside...
 I have been in and around the 'printing' industry most of my life. Both as a hands on printer and as a printing buyer and a customer service rep. I have always been conscious of printing 'design' and especially the use of 'fonts'.
Now, however, I look at fonts in an entirely new way. When I see a printed piece now the first thing that pops into my head is, "How could I adapt that 'font' as a scrolling font?" Looking for ways to avoid 'floaters' has become a new game for me! Sometimes it can be worked out and then again sometimes it would look 'tacky'.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dustyknees

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:44:03 am »
Try http://www.dafont.com/ for lots of fonts..Also a google search will find all you could want and more..Jon

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:50:36 am »
Jon...
After a couple weeks with the new 788 I now know why your grand daughter gave you that nickname!!!

And a this time of year most of my 'scrolling' is done in shorts and a tank top!
Shorts, hairy legs and scrolling make for a mess when you factor in the perspiration/sweat!!!
Thanks to the Lord for giving us compressors!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 11:41:51 am »
GrayBeard ...funny you should mention shorts.  The legs on my 788 were not comfortable when my leg pressed against it. I got a piece off pipe insulatioin and cut to length and just slipped it on.  Works great! even the right color.
I'm from North Dakota

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 12:23:01 pm »
Now that is a real stretch!
From my dusty sweaty knees to 'pipe insulation'!

My how the mind of a ranchin' scroller works!!!!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 01:09:36 pm »
if im not mistaken, i think steve shared a couple of fonts on the blogsite, but not sure where those are now on his blog.

SMF

Teknoromi