Author Topic: Re-sizing images....  (Read 2153 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re-sizing images....
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:18:49 am »
I was looking for something and found this image resizing software that is FREE and on a glance looks like it is pretty straight forward.

http://www.bestfreewaredownload.com/freeware/t-free-faststone-photo-resizer-freeware-xhjfqmne.html

I downloaded and scanned for malware and other problems and it is clean.
Tried on a couple photos and worked very quickly and cleanly.

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Re-sizing images....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:08 am »
Thanks GrayBeard, I will play with it this weekend. Have to go to work now!
Dan In Southern California

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 11:59:57 am »
I still like irfanview.  I've used it for years and it is also freeware.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 01:11:48 pm »
That is still my first choice! I too have been using it since ver. 2.0...

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

woodcrafter tom

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 03:33:04 pm »
I am certainly not trying to cause trouble but as a member of SAW the program is available to members on the web site. It is one of the many benefits of being a member. There was a discussion on this site about all the reasons not to belong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can say nothing but positive reasons for being a member. Ok --there is my opinion.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:03:53 pm »
Tom...
I am offering two alternatives to paying for any kind of membership or software fees so that those who wish to do a job can do it without cost.
When I investigated SAW about a year ago there was no mention of that particular benefit on the website. It seemed that the only thing that SAW wanted was to get their membership fee BEFORE they would disclose anything.
As best as I remember the website was virtually 'closed' until you made arrangements to 'ante up'.
If my recollection is wrong I will stand corrected but for myself I felt that the membership benefit to a total beginner was of little value. This happens with so many of the 'organizations' that they are geared to the experienced and avid person rather than welcoming the total 'newbie'.

My 2 cents and that is likely what it is worth.

~~~GrayBeard~~~

woodcrafter tom

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 05:40:14 pm »
I appreciate your two cents and feel we are all entitled  to our opinion. I don't want to make any enemies as I appreciate this forum and desire to help others wherever I can. Steve has done a great service to the scroll saw world with this site and I hope it continues for a long time. My thanks to you for all you have contributed also. Happy Scrolling,   tom

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 06:26:36 pm »
I just finished cutting the "Rascals" logo plaque and will take another look at the "SAW" website later this evening and re-evaluate my findings and report back later tonight.

Thanks, Tom for the heads-up and the 'nudge' to take another look. I'm always open to new sources of information.

~~~GrayBeard~~~

SMF

Teknoromi