Author Topic: Holy cow! Wax!  (Read 3476 times)

Becky

Re: Holy cow! Wax!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 11:03:55 pm »
It isn't any sort of fancy wax.  I got big tub like the Johnson's and it only cost about $5. 

I got it at the hardware store, Judy.  You might try there.  It might even be available at the grocery store.

cloetpatrick

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2010, 01:23:49 am »
;) If I understand you are talking about a product that is put to make the table more slippery when it works.
I use a commonplace product containing silicone cylinder. It is a kind of silicone oil will not stain the wood.  ;)

There, I better understood, it is certainly a wax to put on wood.
I use in this case 50% beeswax and 50% of turpentine essence. I also use the boiled linseed oil which gives a very good outcome, the more it feeds the wood and makes it harder.

cornishpisky

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2010, 07:48:04 am »
I've been using wax on my saw table for years, i thought it was the normal thing scrollers did! at the moment i'm using a Ronseal furniture wax, it's very soft and creamy, only needs a small amount, pretty much wipe on wipe off, does a fantastic job, i re-wax every 3 to 6 weeks depending on how much cutting i do, i bought the wax for a furniture project that i was doing but then didn't like the color, color don't matter on the saw table though, waste not want not!

Ian

SMF

Teknoromi