Author Topic: Help me find it  (Read 2416 times)

Spartan scroller

Help me find it
« on: June 05, 2010, 08:57:30 am »
Hi community, I'm looking for something. I remember seeing it advertised but I can't remember where.  Best way I can describe it is as a small branding iron similar to a wood burning tip that you can have custom made with "Hand made by(your name here)".  Any idea who makes and sells those?

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Help me find it
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 09:22:50 am »
Lee Valley Tools has them.  They are not the cheapest (none of their stuff is) but everything they sell is the best quality and they have the best service around.  I have never once regretted ordering from them and everything I ordered was something that would LAST - not disposable crap that lasts only a short time. 

The link to the branding iron is as follows:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32190&cat=1,41115

I am sure if you order from them you won't be disappointed. :)

Have a great Saturday!  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Gary

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 09:36:34 am »
      Here are a couple more links for reference. I have not purchased from either company.

http://www.brandingirons.com/index.html

http://www.rockler.com/CategoryView.cfm?Cat_ID=433

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 09:37:37 am »
Rockler sells them as well and they are pricey.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

sp_343

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 11:30:56 am »
I have one of the irons from www.brandirons.com and it is awesome.  Little spendy but it was worth it for me...and it's built to last.  Plug it in, wait a few minutes and your off...but be careful...they get HOT!  I have the sore finger tip to prove it....  :-[

Spartan scroller

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:35:19 pm »
Thanks everybody.  I will look in to those.

regards.

Terry

Offline towdude3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 10:37:21 pm »
got mine at the woodworking show a couple years ago. I think it was around 50.00

Becky

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 12:02:48 am »
Too rich for my blood.  I was looking at them not long ago when I wanted something nicer than my scrawled initials.  I ended up going to Office Depot and getting a custom-made stamp.  The bad thing is that you have to let it dry for about a day after stamping.  But it was only about $25 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than the branding irons I found.

Offline sgood

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Scrollsaw Workshop
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 01:08:00 pm »
I have one of the branding irons from Rockler. It was okay when I was building furniture but it seems too big for scroll saw projects. I never got it down very well because if it got too hot the burn would not look good and you had to make sure you pressed straight down.  Rockler also sells a branding iron that mounts into your drill press so you get a perfect straight stamp every time. $350

SMF

Teknoromi