Author Topic: Resizing Patterns  (Read 2682 times)

ufgator

Resizing Patterns
« on: June 03, 2010, 03:24:30 pm »
Anyone have a program to Resize a pattern?  Sometimes I see a pattern that I want either larger or smaller.  I've done it on my printer and I know there is a program that does it better. My wife had one but we lost it when her computer crashed awhile back. Thanks for your input!

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Joesawdust

Re: Resizing Patterns
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:28:14 pm »
There is a program called rapid resizer out there, a lot of folks have posted about it on other forums with good reviews, I have never used it though. I have a copier at work that enlarges and reduces so I just use it.

Greg

ufgator

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:47:24 pm »
Thanks Greg!  I saw their ad on the web but at $59.99 I hoped to find something less expensive (cheaper).

Bill

Joesawdust

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:16 pm »
If I remember right they have a free trial download, but could be wrong. If nothing else you can go to a kinkos, office max or staples, and their self serve copiers will reduce and enlarge, thats what I do if I need something bigger than 8.5x14, which is the biggest my copier will do.

Greg

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:38 pm »
Got a Free one for you....

One of the best programs for handling graphic files is Irfanview!

http://www.irfanview.com/

Download it and get to know it. Play around with it and it should do anything you want with your files. It handles virtually every graphic file format there is out there. Most common are .jpg, ,gif and .bmp.
It will resize and even convert from one format to another.

Very Good "Help" system.

Go For It!

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Finished cleaning out computers and now 'defragging and optimizing 7 hard drives!

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Dragonlord85

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »
another good source for larger plans is take them to a blueprint copying service. The one I use can make them up to 4' wide by however long I need.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 03:58:35 pm »
OOOOOPS! Forgot to mention that you should also get the 'add-ons and plugins' when you do the download and installation!
Temporary 'brain freeze' due to very cold liquid!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »
Most photo editing programs have a scale option and you can resize things right within the programs. Many do by percent and also by typing in a numerical value (such as a plaque that is 6" wide and you can make it 8" wide)  You usually have a key to scale them proportionally, so you only need to type in one value and the object is evenly scaled.  I don't really think you need to purchase a separate program just for that.

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 09:58:36 pm »
I may be wrong on the name but I think there is a program called PostoRazr or something similar.  You tell it how big you want the finished print out and it will dived it into sheets of paper on your printer.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 11:29:51 pm »
Go to ask Sreve a question and look at photos, go to Crusty 59 reply there is a Micro soft program and you can get it of that and its free
Jimbo

Dawie

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 05:20:19 am »
Learnt something new today.
David

Offline mainberg

• Better than drivers' license pix
    • View Profile
    • Photo Bucket
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 10:30:56 am »
That microsoft resize download is for XP. Dang.
Pat B

ufgator

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 05:47:03 pm »
Thanks for all the replies!  Thank You Sheila for mentioning the photo edit feature.  I have PhotoShop 7 and it looks like that will work for me.

Happy Scrolling
     Bill

Rightarm

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 06:30:12 pm »
    we have a Kodak copier/scanner. I can enlarge patterns, using it. Dave

SMF

Teknoromi