Author Topic: Sanding Pad Question  (Read 6841 times)

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Sanding Pad Question
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 01:57:32 pm »
I like your sanding station Greg. And did you say a vacuum is hooked up it. ?
 ???    8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Joesawdust

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 03:10:01 pm »
Russ, I do have a hole in it to stick a small vacum hose into but seldom use it, simply because I had to put a brace down the center of it to support the top due to the size, I could probably put a hole in the brace piece and get sastisfactory results, may have to try that. The material covering it is the padded shelf liner from a dollar store, using it allows the dust to fall through, and it grips good. I added the trays for the sanders just recently because I don't wait on the sanders to stop spinning and I can just set them down in the tray and not worry about them chasing me around. This can be made any size that would fit someones needs for cheap.  Glad ya like it. 
Greg

Dragonlord85

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:24 pm »

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »
Cherie... I LOVE my Sand Flee Just finished a bunch of "hair daggers".  It made them smooth as silk.  Cannot imagine sanding those things by hand.
I'm from North Dakota

Rightarm

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 08:32:27 pm »
    I don't know how well it works for anybody else, but I took the tread off of a old tread mill and covered my work bench with it. I can lay down a piece I've been working on, and lay it flat, and sand away. Ganite, I've boken pieces I've worked  on, and had to glue the pieces back together. I really don't think there is a method for not breaking small pieces. If you know of one, please let us know. Dave  8)

cloetpatrick

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 01:52:46 pm »
Here is a plan for a simple to build downdraft table.

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/plansshare/air_filter_downdraft_sanding_table.htm

:-* Hey presto! ... registered packaging is sold! ... Like that I can no longer look! ... Dragonlord85 thank you! ...  :D

SMF

Teknoromi