Author Topic: Darkening areas of a pattern for cutting  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
Darkening areas of a pattern for cutting
« on: March 21, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »
I just purchased a pattern which I received as a download. The problem is there is no darkening of the area to be cut which of course makes it more difficult to cut. My question is can it be shaded some way short of sitting down and coloring the areas in by hand? Thank you.
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Darkening areas of a pattern for cutting
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 08:47:38 pm »
Could load it up in inkscape or gimp and shade those areas, myself I like gray with black lines, that way I can tell when the blade veers off the black line it shows up agaisnt the gray some like red against the black black.

Doing this watch for open areas or it colors erverything so if there is a gap in a line and you hit color and you don't want it colored it fills it in, somebody else thats more skilled in using these programs could explain it better.

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 09:38:32 pm »
Thanks dirtrider I'll give it a try.
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 10:04:01 pm »
Thanks dirtrider I'll give it a try.

Your welcome I have done this a time or two when its just black lines and nothing in the background but white I have shaded it gray to make it stand out as to what gets cut out, for me reduces the mistake of a bad cut and making firewood.

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 11:01:13 am »
most patterns are made with the idea you remove the white. This may be the case with this pattern?
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

SMF

Teknoromi