Author Topic: Christmas ornaments  (Read 1629 times)

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Christmas ornaments
« on: August 22, 2013, 02:24:41 am »
It is so cold and wet here that I don't like to spend much time in the garage. So I have started to go out for an hour or so and get a couple of designs cut then come back inside. I will wait until it is warmer to put any finish on them, just getting them cut will be fine for now.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

Re: Christmas ornaments
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:15:31 am »
Well Marg, just think, when you go back in the garage it will be nice and warm. I'll be going out to a freezing cold shop. I won't be cutting snowflakes I'll just put them in an envelope and post them. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.
Rob Roy.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »
Got ya both beat, I was out today in the car-port cutting on my MG during a thunder storm.
It's pretty cool too to listen to the thunder roll around our little valley.   ;D
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 11:19:00 pm »
You might like it here then Gabby.  We have had thunderstorms just about every night for a few weeks now.  It's our normal late summer weather.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:32:32 am »
Not out there today, decided to make Terry an apple slice and I sliced the side of my thumb with the mandolin. Blood everywhere.  Bled for over an hour.  Knew I should have gone in the garage. I HATE BAKING AND IT HATES ME.

Marg
MARG

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 05:10:42 am »
You might like it here then Gabby.  We have had thunderstorms just about every night for a few weeks now.  It's our normal late summer weather.

Same here Bill that's why we have so many forest fires going now. At least this one had some rain in it and that helps. We haven't had it every night though but it's possible. In AZ we had some real doozies and most folks think we are nothing but desert there, well even the desert gets rain now and then.  ;D
Rusted the table on my saw though so you know I was out there sanding it clean and protecting it again, glad I got to it quickly.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

rob roy

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 05:57:17 am »
Hi Marg, what tune were you playing on the mandolin when you cut yourself???.
Seriously, Marg you take care, we don't want you missing from the forum for a few weeks  :'( :'( :'( Next time get an apple pie at the supermarket, probably wont taste as good but it will be SAFER !!!!!!.
Rob Roy.

rob roy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 06:06:42 am »
Glad to hear the fires are gone Gabby must have been quite scary. At least it's a bit cooler. let's hope it stays that way.Pretty dull here today but warm and dry (at the moment).
Rob Roy.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 07:00:34 am »
I didn't say they are out, but that the rain did some good. We'll have to see what the results are perhaps some word will be in the newspaper tomorrow.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

rob roy

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 07:09:40 am »
Let's hope it's good news Gabby. I certainly wont be running through bush fires to catch horses, mind you it's surprising how fast you can run when the flames are licking your A** :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o.
Rob Roy.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 02:58:57 am »
We had another nice shower and it's helping the firefighters, but there are still some fires going in the area, but they arean't threatening anyone and the smoke level is greatly reduced, it's at the level where you only notice it after coming out of an airconditioned building and you smell it a little.

That's good news for me, the chest congestion and burning eyes were getting pretty bad.
G
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 09:08:48 pm »
That's great Gabby they have been burning a long time now.  But your cooler weather is approaching so that will soon finish them off.  It's our first day of spring on Sunday but our weather as been good all week, pity I've been in bed with the flu and not been able to enjoy it.

Marg
MARG

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 02:06:41 pm »
Marg when did you make Mother Nature made at you?  All this stress can add up,  go get your self a good luck charm to hang in your house, or find someone to bless your house to get rid of what is playing havoc on you.  Seriously take care of you and yours and get better quickly.  Jeff44

SMF

Teknoromi