Author Topic: introduction  (Read 4280 times)

rob roy

introduction
« on: October 17, 2011, 05:00:19 pm »
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Roy Neil. I live in the town of Kilmarnock. No, not in Virginia USA, but in Ayrshire Scotland.I have been working with wood in one way or another for 50 years as a joiner/cabinet maker. during that time with all the woodworking machines you can imagine,with one exception and that is the SCROLL SAW
I was given a Rexon 16" saw which didn't work. So being a miserable Scot I decided to investigate and found a dry joint at the back of the motor. 10 minutes and a dab of solder and it works fine. The next problem was, what to do with it!!. I have angina which puts the heavier woodworking into touch. So I Googled Scrollsawing (good old Google) and found Steve Good and all you good folks (pardon the pun).
Be prepared for a lot of stupid questions. I know how to switch it on, the blade, if I had one, goes up and down and then switch it off LOL.
Seriously this is the best site I have found after a lot of searching. It's going to be a steep learning as I have a two and a half year old grandson and Christmas is coming up fast. I will be looking for all the help I can get but i'm certain I will get it here
By the way I am 65 and retired. Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!!
Thank you for allowing me to join the big family family
                                                                                Roy

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »
Hey Roy, welcome to the forum. I'm Dan From Southern California. Come on in and join the fun. BTW, there is no such thing as a dumb question! The only dumb question is the one not asked!
Dan In Southern California

rob roy

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »
Hi dgman, thank you for your warm welcome. Nice to be a member of the big family.

Bamacfa

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 05:28:29 pm »
Welcome from Alabama..Nice to meet you

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 05:51:31 pm »
thank you bamafca for your warm welcome from a very wet Scotland

SheGold

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »
Hello Rob, welcome to the forum.. I'm Sheila from Texas.. Glad you joined us..

rob roy

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 06:22:27 pm »
Hi Sheila. Nice to meet you and thank you for the warm welcome. I bet you it's not as wet in Texas as it is here in Scotland.
                                                                   Roy

SheGold

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 06:24:26 pm »
You have that right Rob.. We are so dry.. Hey send me some of your wet and I'll send you some dry.. Glad you joined... Sheila

rob roy

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 06:42:16 pm »
Hi Sheila, I'll even send you some of the hailstones!!!
Roy

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:07 pm »
hi Rob.welcome aboard i'm Todd from Newfoundland Canada

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 08:30:10 pm »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A day without saw dust is like a day without sunshine.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 09:33:35 pm »
Hello from North Dakota
I'm from North Dakota

CNLNC

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 09:42:39 pm »
Welcome Rob, i'm sure you'll learn alot, but i'm sure we'll learn alot from you too from your experience in wood working. Ask all the questions you want, because great people here anxious to help.
Good luck!

rob roy

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 06:38:20 am »
Hi Newfie, thank you for the warm welcome. I have Canadian cousins who keep sending me "newfie" jokes, I'll have to tell them to stop it now lol

rob roy

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 06:40:29 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome to the big family. Looking forward to joining in the fun. Seems to be plenty of it here.

SMF

Teknoromi