Author Topic: New member from central Wisconsin  (Read 666 times)

Offline Jimmach

• View Profile
New member from central Wisconsin
« on: August 11, 2019, 07:57:39 am »
Good Morning - I am a retired shop teacher. I'm a general woodworker, and move through lots of varied areas - carpentry, cabinet making, intarsia, carving, toys for grandson, etc. as well as a lot of volunteer time with local non profits and our church. Like many shops, mine is too small, pretty messy, but fairly complete. I'm now replacing / upgrading old stuff more often than acquiring new things. I follow several woodworking forums via Facebook and email and enjoy the collective wisdom of the community. Not anti social, but I'm more likely to read a lot and post little. No drama or politics, thank you!

Now, more specifically... I bought a lightly used Delta 40-560 scrollsaw at a bargain price at a rummage sale several years ago. It's cut out many things. Two days ago at the beginning of a hurry up project, the top blade clamp blew up and scattered part all over the shop. Of course, nothing available any more through normal sources - Delta, eReplacement, etc. So I pulled the old workhorse Rockwell Delta 16" jigsaw out of the corner, blew off the dust, installed a thin blade, busted one and replaced, and got the project cut out. I've had this saw almost 50 years, don't know how old it is, but it will probably outlast several new ones.

Any suggestions on a replacement upper blade clamp for the 40-560? I've found some, but they are pretty pricey...

Thanks, cYa, Jim from WI

SMF

Teknoromi