Author Topic: Excalibur 21  (Read 1552 times)

Offline BeginnerJerry

• View Profile
Excalibur 21
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:01:46 pm »
What is going on with Excalibur? I put my order in with Woodcraft in the middle of March knowing that it was on back order until
April 1st. (APRIL FOOL) In April after the first the back order went to May 3rd but that has changed now to June 1st. During this time everyone else including Seyco was on back order. I canceled Woodcraft and found that Seyco was advertising EX 21 again so when I put my order in I ended up having to order the anniversary model and the other models were shown on back order. I hope I get my
new saw because I am ready to make sawdust. All is not lost though as it has given me a lot of time researching and buying my blades from Mike plus drill chuck and drill bits. I am Ready!!! I haven't been doing much posting but I have been reading all of your post and enjoying every minute. Thanks for letting me vent and good job everybody with you projects and pattern making. I hope I get to be half as good.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Excalibur 21
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 11:47:57 pm »
I received the Black & Gold EX-21 on Feb 1. It has been a pleasure to work with. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Start looking for a good light for it - I found a $20 LED goose neck that I could mount on the bracket for the hold-down. And you might want to get a surge suppressor power strip for it - electronic speed controls can be damaged in a surge.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 02:36:49 am »
Just think Jerry, you will be an expert before you even sit at the saw.  Hope you get it soon.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline BeginnerJerry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »
Me too. I am really getting anxious. I ordered it from Seyco last Sunday and I check to see how the order is doing and it says PENDING. I hope it isn't slipping into back order.  Jerry

IBMer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 08:18:53 pm »
I waited 4 months to the tune of "Sorry, on back order, no ETA"..     I bought a Dewalt 788 and so far I'm pretty happy with it.   I'll upgrade to an Excal 21 if they every resolve their distribution issues..

Offline BeginnerJerry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 01:48:16 am »
Yahoo!!! Seyco came through with my new EX-21 Black Beauty with stand and foot pedal. Got it all assembled and checked for squareness with supplied skip-tooth blades. Right on the money. Now I can start making sawdust. - Jerry

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 07:25:54 am »
Congratulations, Jerry!!!  You will love your new machine.  Ray makes sure they are all set before he ships them. 

IBMer

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 04:21:16 pm »
Good for you!    The times I called they were always out of stock with no ETA.    So far the Dewalt 788 has me smiling.

Offline BeginnerJerry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 04:35:14 pm »
Well I am smiling now.- Jerry

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 05:14:57 pm »
you're going to love the new toy.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

SMF

Teknoromi