Author Topic: Adirondack furniture  (Read 1245 times)

Bill P

Adirondack furniture
« on: October 19, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »
Has anyone here ever tried to make and sell Adirondack furniture? 

Does anyone recall seeing an advertisement for starting your own business doing this?  I seem to recall seeing something about a year ago and it looked like a good idea.

Bill

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Re: Adirondack furniture
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 07:25:01 am »
i made a bit of Adirondack style furniture, the single chair s and the double chair with th table in the middle.sales up this way isn't to bad for them alot of people got them for there back yards and ou t at there cabins.can't charge much for them'the material cost up here is high so can't alot for them.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:53:57 am »
Bill, I would be concerned that the plastic knock-offs that are being sold at the discount stores would undermine your ability to get enough out of the manufacture to make any kind of profit.
I was at a Home & Garden show last Saturday and saw a whole display of that type furniture that is being marketed by a company that uses recycled soda bottles as their material.
Many styles and colors and NO maintenance!
They had no prices in their brochure and none on their website so I am guessing their prices are scandalous.

~~~GB~~~

P.S. Sorry to hear about the situation and wish you the best on finding something.
       Great to see you back 'home'!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »
There's a guy at the monthly Georgetown show selling nothing but that type of furniture and does very well.  You might even try 1-800-bunkbeds.  They have a whole program with territories and patterns.  I know someone who did that for a while and said it was quite profitable.

Bill P

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:01:01 pm »
Thanks, Julied, Todd, and the Grayster.

Bill

SMF

Teknoromi