Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1361 times)

Bill P

Howdy
« on: October 18, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »
Well, a lot has happened in the last few months, which is why I haven't been posting.

I was promoted to a position of great authority where I work, so I had to hire an assistant.  Three months later, and all was once again in order, and they fired me and put my assistant in charge for half the money they were paying me.

???

So, I'm now out of work.  The good side of that is I can get back into woodworking while I'm looking for work.  The bad side is, I'm 53 and out of work.

:(

Bill P.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 04:39:47 pm »
Sorry to hear of your troubles. You must have done too good a job training the assistant.
If it's any consolation, I'm 56, partially disabled, can only walk about 45yards and fall over 3 - 4 times a week. I've just been reassessed by the government doctors and told I'm fit to work as there is no reason I shouldnt buy a wheelchair and use it. - so I've now got to find work too - who is going to employ me !!!!  Bring back Guy Fawkes all is forgiven lol.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »
Hi Keefie, I take it by your post that you were summoned by the ATCOS CLOWNS. What a bunch of absolute incompetents. Mind you the French are not very competent at anything. Sorry to hear  you got a s**t result. Are you going to challenge them???. PM me if you wish.
Rob Roy.

Bill P

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 05:59:47 pm »
Hi, Keefie,

Sorry to hear about your troubles too.  Frustrating.

Bill

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »
Hey Bill, You know, I was just thinking about you! This morning the local news showed their picture of the day from pinterest. It was your icon with the caption "is it Friday yet?".
I know how you feel. I lost my job a year and a half ago. I'm 59 and nobody wants to hire me. I am still looking though!
Keep your chin up, it will get better!
Dan In Southern California

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »
Sorry to hear about your problems. We still honor Guy Fawkes on Nov 5th. I will burn something for you,    ;D ;D
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 07:35:37 pm »
Keith,

On the way back for my annual eye exam, my wife and I were discussing the fact that those who really need the disability have such a hard time qualifying while the fakes and frauds breeze right through. Thought it was just over here but sorry to hear it seems to be everywhere.  Best of wishes!!!!!
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »
sorry to hear that Bill.i been out of work sense last year in July when the eye doctor told me i'm legally blind and nothing can be done to help repair the damage.glaucoma sucks blind in my right eye and 10% field view left in my left eye. lost my drivers license.wont get any work like this! >:( :(

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 08:01:59 pm »
So sorry to hear Todd. I complain of a bad back and it does cause me distress but I feel fortunate it is just a bad back and I can still walk. Hearing things like what I have read here will make me think twice about complaining. Good luck to all of you. If things cannot get better for you  I PRAY they don't get any worse. 
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 08:25:32 pm »
same here Clyde I don't complain much about. there are others alot worst of then me being in the local Loins club as help me realize that.i can still walk and hear and still use the scrollsaw which i'm thankful for to keep me and my mind occupied.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 01:41:21 am »
Bill that really sucks.  Keefie next time you go in their office fall over and knock their computer on the floor.  LOL  Over here about 5 years ago a 60yo gentleman was put off work and the powers that be told him to get another job after 6 months with no luck, they said they would let him do a course of his choosing, so he did a 2 year french polishing course. Of course no one was looking for a 62yo french polisher so they decided it was ok for him to retire and they would give him a pension.  A couple of months later he set up shop in his garage and as long as he doesn't earn over a certain amount (that they know of) he can work for himself at something he always wanted to do.  Lesson screw the b@#&@*ds that srcew you.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

rob roy

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 06:18:20 am »
To all you ladies and gentlemen having problems, I sincerely hope you all get through it with good results. God Bless.
Rob Roy.

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 07:42:42 am »
unemployment really is a bad thing!
so all of you, hang in there and I hope things will get better!

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

SMF

Teknoromi