Author Topic: Ol' Gabby  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Ol' Gabby
« on: July 09, 2015, 01:52:03 am »
To those of you who may still remember me, I'm still kicking staying vertical and taking nourishment.
Been busy as a one legged well digger this spring, made 2 sets of pistol grips  one for my stepson's 1911
 and one I sold for another man's revolver.
I've just finished up building, (finishing it would be more correct as it is a rough machined and inletted stock) for my Ruger 10-22 rifle, lots of sanding and 10 coats of LinSpeed linseed oil finish later I think it looks pretty darn good I'll see if I can still remember how to upload photos to this post. Just noticed the post from Steve about the attachments problem, I guess I'll have to come back later and put some on here for you to see.
The wood is spalted sycamore and it really gives it a dramatic look. You wood junkies should enjoy it.
I didn't use the scroll saw on it but I did on both sets of pistol grips so I'm still using it often.
Later y'all,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Ol' Gabby
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 02:05:05 am »
G'day Gabby.  It good to see your alive and well.  Hope you are staying away from any hospitals.  All good here.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:13:53 am »
G'day Gabby.  It good to see your alive and well.  Hope you are staying away from any hospitals.  All good here.

Marg

G'day to you too Marg
So far so good staying away from all the saw bonz other than preventive maintenance.
Not much in the way of scrolling just now too many other irons in the fire, Maybe get back to it this fall.
Take care luv,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:48:56 am »
I'm still doing a fair bit of scrolling but not as much as I would like, life keeps getting in the way.  Take care my friend.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 08:46:32 pm »
Great to hear from you Gabby! With you and Graybeard posting this forum is getting back to normal. That's a good thing, right? Hehe.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »
Good to hear from you. Hope you get some good days in to cut and always look forward to the pictures you post.

SMF

Teknoromi