Author Topic: Old PC Died Lost all my email contacts  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
Old PC Died Lost all my email contacts
« on: July 22, 2014, 06:30:52 am »
All you folks who normally gabbed with me off the forum, please shoot me a line so I can get reconnected with you. The Old PC took everything with it including years of saved patterns from steve and the other pattern makers along with irreplaceable photos of family and friends, between the 2, I want to cry. :'(
So I'm repopulating my address book, and hoping I'll be abe to retrieve some of the lost things from a cheesy portable hard drive I had connected to the old PC.
Later folks,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: Old PC Died Lost all my email contacts
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:20:20 am »
Even though the PC had died, a computer shop might be able to recover the data from the old hard drive by removing it and connecting it to another working pc - it's worth a phone call to find out.  (thats how I managed to get back 90% of my stuff when my PC died)

Keith
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:13:05 am »
Or remove it and connect it to your current PC, I think you can do that.  I'm not very smart about PC workings.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:50:10 am »
Gabby,

If you still have the old one, take the hard drive out and mail it to me.  If it isn't too badly damaged I will take out the files and move them to another source & return them to you.  May not be quick enough to replace your contacts, but it could return your patterns etc.

I got an email so you must have mine ok.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 07:42:30 pm »
I agree with Bill. If the hard drive hasn't crashed the data can be recovered. Either Bill or I can do it, just let us know.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »
Even though the PC had died, a computer shop might be able to recover the data from the old hard drive by removing it and connecting it to another working pc - it's worth a phone call to find out.  (thats how I managed to get back 90% of my stuff when my PC died)

Keith

That is exactly how the tech found the problem, hard disc died!
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

SMF

Teknoromi