Author Topic: It's Cold Outside!  (Read 2714 times)

countryscroller

It's Cold Outside!
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:10:30 pm »
The next 10 videos will probably be me just talking about certain subjects due to it being pretty darn cold out in my workshop. This video I would like to hear from you guys what you workshop is in. A shed, garage, basement, ect. Is is insullated, mine isn't :-[   Thanks for watching!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAdzUAzV9tw

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Re: It's Cold Outside!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 11:48:41 pm »
I will have to make a video of me working in my back patio shop. It is in a covered screened in patio, pretty much open to the weather.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 06:42:27 am »
My shop is 800 sq ft with a loft 400 sq ft for storage. I have a 12 X 28  aluminum roof, concrete floor overhang out front. A 6ft main opening (Two 3ft doors) and a rear 3ft door. Four widows looking out on my property. Lots of trees and birds. AC / Heat, High Def TV with HD Cable. VCR/DVD, Dolby Digital Surround Sound, CD/Stereo, Computer w/printer, High Speed Internet (40 Mbps), Frig for beer. Oh and did I mention dust collection system and lots, and lots of tools.  8)
Russ
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

countryscroller

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:28:44 am »
Wow Russ that sounds like a nice workshop! Thanks for sharing

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:44:52 am »
got a 12'x16' shed not insulated.got an oil burner in there but when the wind is gusting at70 KM's an hour with a wind chill of -28c the burner don't do much good.fingers get pretty numb from the frost while scrolling.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Mainewoods

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 07:53:55 am »
A 10'X12' shed with two windows and one door and no insulation.  Propane heater and all natural cooling system, which, by the way, is working great right now!  ;)  A small radio that can barely tune anything in (that's okay, I'm usually too busy arguing with the voices in my head to listen to music!*)  :D  A large chest freezer takes up one end of the shed, so my work area is quite limited, but I make do.  There's a 24" by 48" workbench and some overhead storage (mostly Christmas decorations!)  Primary woodworking tools include my scrollsaw, benchtop drill press, portable table saw, spindle sander, disc/belt sander, benchtop planer, plus all my hand tools.  Wife says I have too many tools, but obviously she doesn't realize how many tools I don't have!  :D 

* This is tongue-in-cheek!  Not meant to offend any members with voices in their head!  ::)

Offline Billy in Va

• DONT GROW UP ITS A TRAP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:00 am »
Hey Glen,  I hear those voices too but they are friendly now.
Common Sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone's garden
Scrollin' - Scrollin' Scrollin' on the River

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:41:55 am »
My Workshop is just a 16' by 10' shed. I fitted a 1" plywood floor on top of original one to give it more strength (and keep out the cold a bit) then I fitted lights and power sockets before bringing in the tools. These are older pictures(2 years ago when shed was built) so they show my old cheap and nasty "Clarkes scrollsaw" not my ex21. I havent got a finished picture  but as soon as I tidy it up I'll take one. but there not much difference apart from the cuboards are finished and doors fitted and EX21 is now beside where the Clarkes scrollsaw was.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

countryscroller

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 10:13:11 am »
Nice workshop Keefie. Thanks for sharing with us.

Offline xuryl

• Hello from Ridgefield, Washington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 12:41:04 pm »
The space for my shop is 10 x 20, which is the 3rd bay of a three car garage. It is uninsulated, but here in SW Washington I can work out there year round most days. I have a full assortment of hand and power tools.  My table saw, planer, band saw, drill press, scroll saw, and jointer are all on mobile bases.
Wayne

countryscroller

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 06:05:27 pm »
Thanks for sharing Wayne

rob roy

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 06:13:09 pm »
Very tidy shop Keith.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Rob Roy.

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:00 pm »
Thanks Rob, you know you welcome to visit anytime you want to get away from the snow and cold up there.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 06:57:20 pm »
My shed is 13X24 feet I have a workbench along the front wall and halfway down the other. This gives me loads of work space.  It is barn shaped with storage up top. The wood stove keeps me warm in the winter and the three windows allow for cross breeze to cool it down in summer. I think I have most tools a person could want or need. Some are still in the boxes but my wife does need to know that. My grandaughters boombox, that she doesn't use anymore since I-Phones came along,  provides the music.  I would like to build on a section to create a dust free area for a computer, an easyboy and a TV. My shed is made of recycled material. The material came from my father's house, a 24X24 bungalow that was for the most part destroyed by fire in 1998. He built the house in 1943, the framing is round wood slabbed off on two sides. After the fire I cut the exterior walls down in 12 foot sections, transported them to my property and reassembled the walls again. So my shed has special significance. Sorry to be so loooong ;D ;D :D ;) :)
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

countryscroller

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »
Nice setup Clyde! Thank you for sharing.

SMF

Teknoromi