Author Topic: This is my scroll saw set up  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
Re: This is my scroll saw set up
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 09:22:56 am »
Very nice set up there Pete
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

countryscroller

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 09:39:17 am »
Nice setup guys. Eventually I may get me a magnifying lamp, but my eyes are only 16 years old and should be good for a bit longer. :)

Dave W

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 01:35:00 pm »
Here is what I run with for the moment.  Note the foot switch, workout mats (to save those feet!), and "holster" for my heat gun and dremmel.  I attached the LED magnifying lamp to my workbench so it can multi-task between my scrollsaw, drill press, and lathe.  As far as the magnifying aspect of the light, I rarely use it to be honest, but it is nice to have.  It's a great light though, but be warned that this light will set you back $70 or so :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/101297315339888703268/WorkArea?authkey=Gv1sRgCNrugoqbqN7AnQE#5833373338657329234
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:39:40 pm by Dave W »

Offline Danny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 02:03:26 pm »
I like both the set ups shown.  Mine is similar.  Magnifiers are made to magnify that
lil cutting line.  I use magnify glasses to cut with.  I have tried to use the magnifier part
with difficulties being able to adjust my eyes to what I am cutting.  To me I just do not
like it, but the round florescent light that is built in is Great.  Boy both of your scroll
areas sure look clean.  LOL  Danny  :+}
Danny  :+}

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 04:08:55 pm »
There are some nice set ups there but how do you all keep your work shops so clean, mine is always so full of dust and I have dust extraction as well as work shop vacs. and clean the whole work shop out on a regular basis
Jimbo

ToverT

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 05:01:49 pm »
I just use the DeWalt Factory light on my scroll saw.  So far I haven't had any trouble seeing the pattern lines, but who knows what lies ahead.  I'd sure use one if I needed it.  My shop is the "one car" potion of my "three care" garage.  I use to keep a couple of ole British Classic cars in there.  Can you tell?  LOL

Tommy T

Dave W

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 05:03:51 pm »
There are some nice set ups there but how do you all keep your work shops so clean, mine is always so full of dust and I have dust extraction as well as work shop vacs. and clean the whole work shop out on a regular basis
Jimbo
I use nothing but a good ole broom and dustpan, and a smaller wisk fom cleaning between things.  I normally just sweep up after I am done for the day.  In all honesty, I did sweep up for about 20 mins to get things looking nice prior to taking the photo :)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:41 pm »
Might also check a craft store or a office supply store might carry them as well before you have to order one.

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 08:02:18 pm »
GO PACK GO

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 11:46:59 am »
heres my setup don't mine the dust.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline xuryl

• Hello from Ridgefield, Washington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 12:53:50 pm »
I built my stand so that I could sit at it to work. Then to help deaden any vibration I designed the base of the stand to hold 25 pounds of sand.
Wayne

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 01:35:47 pm »
Newfie, thats one very big project in the last picture, bet that turns out nice when finished.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2013, 01:37:54 pm »
Newfie, thats one very big project in the last picture, bet that turns out nice when finished.
i hope so anyway Keith

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

king310

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 02:38:09 pm »
Nice touch with the wood burner next to the saw. Keep your toes warm and hide all of the mistakes ;D ;D
I have a photo of my shop. I may need to do two posts.

king310

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 02:39:39 pm »
ok here is the second

SMF

Teknoromi