Author Topic: Sand-Flee  (Read 2101 times)

cherie

Sand-Flee
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:30:27 pm »
I was wondering if there are scroller's out there that have or seen the Sand-flee at work.  I have been reading about it and I know they are going to be at the picnic.  What are thoughts on this wonderful sander.  I have also heard other stuff like it is nothing but a small drum sander.  So is it worth the money and time?

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
Re: Sand-Flee
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:34:27 pm »
Hi again, Cherie:
You know, I didn't mention in the other post that I do like that most of the dust goes underneath.  I have one that is older, but it has a place to hook up your shop vac to also so it sucks out the dust as you go.  It is pretty slick and gets you about 80-85 percent of the way home, I think.  I would also like to hear what others think of it.

;)  Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:54:50 pm »
I'm sorry but at $450.00 for the 9" one, that is a little to pricey if you ask me. It had better wash and dry the dishes for that much.  ::)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline scrollgirl

• View Profile
    • Sheila Landry Designs
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:58:46 pm »
Holy Crap!  Is that how much it is???  Mine is about 18" and was only about $500.  I got it about 8 years ago, but it has mostly been in storage as I said.  People said I paid too much for it because it is only a motor and a stainless steel box, but I had a really good woodworking show and the money was burning a hole in my pocket and it really was slick.  But if the 9" one is over $400, I can't imagine what the one I have costs!  I had better take insurance on it! (Or I will sell it 'cheap' for $600 - JK!!)

Sheila
Sheila A. Bergner-Landry
Designer, Artist, Teacher
Owner, Sheila Landry Designs
www.sheilalandrydesigns.com
Knowledge Is Power

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 07:14:44 pm »
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:22:16 pm »
I got a kit from Stockroom Supply at a show last April for a similar sander.  The price of kit is around $200.  Add the parts I needed to buy and I figure the whole thing costed me $250.  It is 18".  Check it out at www.stockroomsupply.com.  I love it and it sure does make the wood flat.

Norm

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »
I just looked at the Sand Flee, model 0904 this past weekend. I think it is the original one, without the micro adjustment, and Rockler's price, in So. CA. is 399.99 which, in my opinion, is priced way too much, for the size. and the material it's built from.  I think Norm's Stockroom Supply Kit would be a much better buy at almost half the price for a similar size. (18")
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 10:54:18 pm »
Interesting looking machine, never seen one before, I use a thicknesser on rough sawn then the belt sander and finish with random orbital, a lot of handling I supose
Jimbo

SMF

Teknoromi