Author Topic: New ac/heater  (Read 1248 times)

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
New ac/heater
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:29:16 pm »
 Finally a good deal came my way. I have been looking at a Kenmore AC/ Heater for my shop for about 4 months, The $700. price tag had me on a wait list. Today went to Sears to order one and it was on sell for $600. After talking with the sells man for a few minutes he said he had one in stock but they were sending it back because it had a dent on the side. After looking it over it was a small dent that didn't harm any inside coils. He knocked $120.00 off and still gave me a full warrantee. Tax and everything just over $500.. Now I'm a happy cutter.   

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: New ac/heater
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:59:44 pm »
A good deal you can catch some good price drops on dent and ding sales if you don't mind a little ding in something to me a dent or ding is nothing when its going to get them anyway so why not get a deal on one thats new. I keep my eye open for stuff like that, most times I also ask for a deal when a box is beat up on a new product when its the last one in stock sometimes they will drop the price.

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 12:47:44 am »
Congratulation on your thrifty bargain.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 04:26:29 am »
great bargain there - could do with one of those in my shed, in summer it's too hot in there and winter too cold lol.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

rob roy

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 07:26:06 am »
Hi Keith, you and I could order one each and get a quntity discount. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;
Rob Roy.

Offline Kepy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 08:11:25 am »
I'm with you, not cheap but just like a bargain.  I recently bought a new 55" flatscreen TV for $598 because the store quit that brand and were sending it back.  It was new and still in the original box unopened.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 01:40:24 pm »
Ditto. I got a 14" bandsaw from Sears that was returned, marked down from $449 to $292. They said an old guy bought it and returned it because he was not strong enough to push the START button. I asked the saleslady to plug it in and show me it worked, but she couldn't find an outlet. She brought out the stockroom guy who said he tried it and it worked just fine, just took a harder push on the button.

I got it home and it didn't work so I opened the wiring box. There was a bad connection under a wire nut. It took about 5 minutes to diagnose and fix and it works great.

Lesson: if you need to choose to believe an old woodworker (would he be buying a 14" saw if he's too weak to push the START button?), a saleslady who can't figure out where the outlets are hiding today, or a stock room guy with a runny nose, you should probably go with the woodworker.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

SMF

Teknoromi