Author Topic: ScrollSaw dust collection  (Read 2110 times)

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
ScrollSaw dust collection
« on: July 26, 2013, 08:30:04 am »
Has anyone had the chance to use this item for dust collection . Is it worth it, does it work ?
http://www.bigfootproducts.ca/DCS.html
I need to hook up something, been having  trouble with the lungs. Any help from the pro's. Thank-you.

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
Re: ScrollSaw dust collection
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 08:32:12 am »
Don't know what happen on the "hook up". I did not add that. Sorry.

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:23:41 am »
 Haven't tried it, but seems like it is a good idea, thinking on maybe ordering one as soon as I can save some cash. Looks like it is easy to hook up.  Edward

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »
My EX-21 dust collection option came with a table that has an added ring of holes around the blade hole so sawdust on top is also collected. I sometime get small parts stuck in the space btwn table and the vacuum collection parts.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline jrpeteo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 06:37:29 pm »
If you already have a shop vac, you might try something like this. The end of the vac hose does pivot to move it out of the way. My saw does have a dust port on the bottom, so I split the hose for upper and lower suction. The shop vac is in another room, opperated by remote so I don't have to listen to it. Also have the aquarium pump blower attached to an extended length blower tube which blows toward the vac inlet. Also have a box fan (with furnace filter) on my left blowing away and a small fan to my right blowing towards me. Also wear a dust mask. I have COPD so I must be careful.
Pete
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- Mark Twain

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:41:49 pm »
It may help to keep under the table clean, but how effective is it at clearing the air above the table? Gravity has a way to make the dust below the table migrate to the floor. I think you would be better off with some type of dust collection above the table. A box fan with a filter works fine or you could go with a commercial dust collector and put the intake above the table but out of the way of scrolling. Either way, do what you need to to protect those lungs.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 07:58:48 pm »
I have mine above and below the table connected to a 1Hp DC, works great. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 02:00:49 pm »
I am working to improve mine. I have a dust collector installed , one that I bought several years ago, and I purchased the shop vac tubing kit with the elbows and gates. It is all installed. Using plumbing reducers i had to go from a 4inch pipe on the dust collector to a 2 1/2 on the tubing. I have 4 ports at various points to access the main tools I use. Now I am looking for the adapters because all the machines have different size ports. For the ex21 I simply have the vac hose clamped to the bottom of the saw. It 's working well with minimal noise.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

SMF

Teknoromi