Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1480 times)

Badwolf

Hello
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:43:54 am »
I am a new scroller.  I'd been interested in scroll sawing for several years, and kept asking my wife for a scroll saw.  One day we were in H.D., and she asked me what scroll saw I was talking about.  I took her over to the power tools aisle, and pointed to the one they had on display.  Then we both noticed that it had a "Discontinued Item" tag, and the price was marked down from $129.00 to $20.00!  We bought it then and there.  It's a Ryobi, 16" variable speed model.  I've done a few projects in the last 6 months, and I've been very satisfied so far.
I'm looking forward to sharing pictures, and getting and giving tips and patterns with you all.

Offline pierre62

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 10:58:45 am »
Hello Badwolf
Wellcomw to the forum.
Pierre

pddesertrat

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 11:11:30 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you.  I have learned a lot hanging out here.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:38:25 pm »
Glad you found us. Hi I'm Russ from Florida your local moderator. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum.  :)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:54:16 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  I'm Julie from Texas.  Glad to have you.  I used to do demos at Christmas time on the Ryobi when I worked for Home Depot. 

Offline lanemaux

• "Doctor Who" beats "The Voice", always!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 10:23:40 am »
Hi Badwolf , I'm also brand new to scrolling and the forum. I thought that I got a great deal on my saw , a second hand Delta 13 incher for 25 Canuck dollars , seems you trumped me amigo. Your nom de plume has touched on another of my obsessions by the way. Might you be a Doctor Who fan by any chance? Just idle curiosity amigo , as we Whovies are big on recognition with each other, secret squirrel type code words being high on the list. In fact if modesty had not precluded I was considering using Tardis master as my alias. Welcome and good scrolling.
Murphy was an optimist

Rover2

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I am Al from TN.

Offline wildhorse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 12:19:10 am »
Welcome glad to see you here

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 05:44:39 am »
Hi and welcome.  I'm Marg from Australia.

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Badwolf

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 07:43:16 pm »
Hi Badwolf , I'm also brand new to scrolling and the forum. I thought that I got a great deal on my saw , a second hand Delta 13 incher for 25 Canuck dollars , seems you trumped me amigo. Your nom de plume has touched on another of my obsessions by the way. Might you be a Doctor Who fan by any chance? Just idle curiosity amigo , as we Whovies are big on recognition with each other, secret squirrel type code words being high on the list. In fact if modesty had not precluded I was considering using Tardis master as my alias. Welcome and good scrolling.
I certainly am a Whovian!  I have been a fan since the Tom Baker days.  I'm well pleased with the new series, though, and every time I get in the car, I look at my wife, and say, "Allons - Y!"

SMF

Teknoromi