Author Topic: Backer Boards  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
Backer Boards
« on: April 15, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »
What do you recommend to be used as a backer for a project. I was thinking of staining a piece of baltic birch but would be interested in hearing other suggestions. My cutting is 10 inches wide and 12 inches long.
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Backer Boards
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:45:51 pm »
I guess it depends on what you would like. I buy 3' by 4' photo matting. The stuff doesn't fade and is cheaper than plywood and I can get a variety of colors. Hobby Lobby carries this stuff.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 02:08:07 pm »
I will check that out, sounds like something I would be interested in. Thanks for the tip.

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 02:19:17 pm »
Tom I checked Hobby Lobby web site and did not find photo matting. Could they possibly call it something else?

Offline Hawkdave

• Adelaide, Australia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 06:29:24 pm »
Tom I checked Hobby Lobby web site and did not find photo matting. Could they possibly call it something else?

I did a check for what we call it in Australia "Matting Board" and this is what I came up with.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=picture+frame+surround&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWl7L-mZTMAhWk4aYKHadMAeoQsAQIGw&biw=1536&bih=753#tbm=isch&q=matting+board

If you click a few of the links, you might find a store in your area that may sell it.

Dave.
My parents must have been psychic, as a child they were always telling me to 'Cut It Out'. So they knew a long time ago that I would become a scroll saw artist.

SMF

Teknoromi