Author Topic: Face in Nature  (Read 5560 times)

Offline dunk

• Staying positive.
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Wood-n-Things
Re: Face in Nature
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 01:47:28 pm »
Rick's e-mail that I have no longer works.  I understand their is a copy in the scrollers cafe.  I can no longer access that site though for some unknown reason.
Mike

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 08:24:47 pm »
Scroller's Cafe won't let any new people in. I was in for a while, but had computer troubles and wasn't able to access for a while and they kicked me out.

Offline jimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 03:02:16 am »
Great pattern well done
Jimbo

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 12:28:02 pm »
I got a message to the designer and invited him to join us here.
He has talked with Steve before but had no idea we have such an active forum and I anticipate seeing him on here soon.

On the 'other' forum he goes by "guitarman"...

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 12:45:56 pm »
Thanks for the info GB. There has been a lot of interest in the pattern but it's not mine so I'm not sure that it would be right to give. I tried searching for Rick on the other sites but came up empty. Hopefully he will pop in here and share his pattern.

I did a show yesterday. Despite the rain (really just a drizzle) there was a great turn-out and we were very busy. I had the picture on display and had lots of people standing around looking at it from all angles. They got excited when they found the face and three horses. Of course, nobody bought it.

Thanks again everyone for the comments, but Rick McCulley is the artist, I just did the cutting. Oh yeah, there are about 110 cuts. I started loosing coun't around 100. I stacked 4 boards of 1/4" BB ply and it took about 4 hours and 12 blades.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

stipes

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 02:25:24 pm »
Nice work Dan....I made a big mistake the first big project I did was the kitten project, and I stacked two 1/2 inches pieces of barnwood to start off with and it was a 60 year old + board I cut it from,,and well,,that didnt work out so well with the grain and the hardness of the wood,,,I was smoking out blades faster than I could count,wouldnt cut straight as I wanted it to, so why I went to popular.

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 02:20:13 am »
Looks grate, wonderfull job.

thumbs

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 07:06:56 pm »
nice cutting Dan, you did an awesome job--I cut that one a couple of years ago and sold 4 cuts--I still have the pattern--maybe it's time to cut it again--thanks for sharing--Richard aka thumbs

Offline Intarsia92

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 07:26:21 pm »
That is really nice, Great cutting and pattern.
Al

Hegner 20" Polymax

Duon

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »
Really nice , you do good work..!!

Tim2beupinAz

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 04:38:28 pm »
That looks great.

SMF

Teknoromi