Author Topic: Scrollsaw in Germany  (Read 1864 times)

Offline JMAC

• View Profile
Scrollsaw in Germany
« on: September 26, 2014, 07:24:16 am »
Hi Friends, I am at apoint where i want to upgrade my scrollsaw. Perfect would be a dewalt 788, but i cant get it in Germany where i live.

Someone wrote that the Excalibur in Europe is not as good as in the U.S.A. can anyone give me a hint of what to buy !It Seems the only decent saw is the Hegener 26 or se .
you never stop learning.

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
Re: Scrollsaw in Germany
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 08:17:42 am »
Ye$  Hegner is an excellent $aw.  I have two. Maybe you can find a used one.  I have one that was made in 1986 and still running fine.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 08:33:35 am »
Hi Friends, I am at apoint where i want to upgrade my scrollsaw. Perfect would be a dewalt 788, but i cant get it in Germany where i live.

Someone wrote that the Excalibur in Europe is not as good as in the U.S.A. can anyone give me a hint of what to buy !It Seems the only decent saw is the Hegener 26 or se .
hi
with relation to the excalibur, I think it was me that raised the quality issue some time ago. Since then have had a reply from there customer services dept and they assured me that all models of the saw where made in the same factory, and to the same specification, and the only difference between the US model and the UK model is simply the motor voltage. The only thing that stopped me buying one was just the fact that at 1400 spm its to slow for any production cutting
And no you cant get the dewalt anywhere in Europw as they do not any longer produce the 230v version
Dave

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 02:26:15 am »
Greetings,
Are the converters to change the voltage rating expensive? (I'm serious; I am not trying to be
smug or anything. I have never encountered the problem of using U.S. appliances in Europe).

The Hawk scroll saw made by Bushton Corporation ships worldwide but, I believe that is
only made in 120 volt.

God Bless! Spirithorse
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:35:42 am by spirithorse »

Offline JMAC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 06:46:16 am »
Thank you all for helping me ;D ;D ;D
you never stop learning.

Offline daveo

• DT CRAFTS LINCS UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 10:08:14 am »
Spirit horde
yes the power supplies are freely available in europe for Us appliances, and quite cheaply as well around ?35 GBP, but if you were to buy one you need to ensure that it is not only 120v but also 60hz, as I am told a 50hz transformer would affect the speed of the machine amongst other things.
I did not know about the Hawk but have considered importing a Dewalt from the US of which would arrive on the door step for a little less than ?400GBP
the only thing to bear in mind is that as soon as they leave the parent country the warranty is void, that said both machines are of good build quality so unlikely to fail within the warranty period any way.

Dave

SMF

Teknoromi