Author Topic: Your next automobile  (Read 1973 times)

Offline jerry1939

• Iowa - 2 seasons. Winter & road construction.
    • View Profile
Your next automobile
« on: October 31, 2014, 05:20:08 pm »
-http://www.youtube.com/embed/rgN8MOrss40?rel=0

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
Re: Your next automobile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 10:21:17 pm »
Where do I order this car?   
Moonie
MOONIE

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 08:21:59 am »
Wow, I'm not ready for a lazy society. But I'm sure our "keeping up with thr Jones'" neighbors will be buying them.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

pddesertrat

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 08:31:10 am »
Pretty amazing!

Offline jscott2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 09:41:08 am »
Question: If the automatic car scratches another car while moving around, who is at fault, i.e., pays for the damage, the owner who isn't near the car or the manufacturer?

Question: If there is an accident, how will the other driver know who owns the car?

Question: If 2 driverless cars have an accident, will they call the owners to come to the scene of the accident and will both owners come right away?

Comment: When 100 owners of this type of car all stand at the same door and call their car, think of the traffic jam.

There are a lot of legal questions to be settled before this technology can be allowed on the road.

Jim
Using a Delta 40-690 in the Montreal, Quebec (Canada) area

Offline jerry1939

• Iowa - 2 seasons. Winter & road construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 12:04:30 pm »
It's high tech people!!  What could POSSIBLY go wrong?  (You own a computer & printer, don't you?)

In the last week, 2 rockets blew up in the U.S.A.  One 6 seconds after liftoff and the other 2 minutes.

Offline Bobby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 02:11:46 pm »
All that technology and cost,  then return to your car after shopping  to find some idiot has opened there door into the side of it. >:(

Offline Dan26

• South of Milford, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 07:55:10 pm »
Sooner or later someone will be hacking into the computer and have the car drive itself to a predetermined location. High-tech car jacking.
Dan (South of Milford, Ohio)

Courage - the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 08:14:11 pm »
Pass, I will stick to me walking out to my vehicle and driving out of the parking spot or in for that matter, there are alot of questions and variables in this. PLus its just another sign of pure laziness, its bad enough waiting behind somebody in a parking lot all because they have to park right up front and don't want to have to walk that extra 3 mintues to get into a store. Me I find the next closest spot park and get out, drives my wife mad, I tell her the time they spend tooling around lot I will have parked, go inside did my shopping and be on my way.

What happens when another car or person gets in front does it stop or preduce some warning that there is a driverless car moving?

Is there some kind of more exspensive speacial system in the parking lots to aid or tell the car where to go to park?

With the new hacking attempts on smartphones whats to say somebody doesn't hack into the app or your phone while your car is trying to park and guides it to another spot to steal it? Or hacks into the car computer system and takes over, makes the car go out of control just to produce a scene to get on media attention?

What happens when the software glitches and sends the car speeding out of control into a wall, another vehicle or worse people?

This is about as bad as the car that will pararell park its self.

Offline DWSudekum

• View Profile
    • The DW Collection
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 11:33:42 pm »
Shades of the movie AI and Total Recall.  Welcome to Johnny Cab.... Destination Please.  Nothing wrong with a driverless car.  The Germans have been testing this concept for something like 20 years with no accidents and that was on the Autobahn.  Seldom is it the car that causes the accident but the driver.  Take the human out of the equation and the number of accidents will decrease.

DW
Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid  -  John Wayne

SMF

Teknoromi