Author Topic: Members Around The World: How Do You Celebrate Christmas?  (Read 960 times)

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
Members Around The World: How Do You Celebrate Christmas?
« on: December 05, 2010, 09:07:01 pm »
seeing as we have members from all over the world, I am curious as how others celebrate Christmas.

being from the states, my family celebrates Christmas by each person opening a gift on Christmas eve and we watch movies together, Christmas morning we have a huge breakfast, then open gifts and later have dinner together and visit with family and friends.

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
Re: Members Around The World: How Do You Celebrate Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:25:47 am »
In Germany we celebrate Christmas like this.
Two or 3 days for 24.12. we decorate the Christmas tree. On 24.12. we go to evening in church. After this we went home and have dinner ( mostly eat germans  fish, goose,  or potato salad and sausage (sausage we in hotdog). We have potato salad and sausage. As our children where young, after dinner  Santa Claus come (a good fried masquerades his as Santa Claus  ring on the door . In the living room he sit on the armchair and the Childs lecture written poetry and sing Christmas Songs. Then they get the presents and Santa Claus says good by. Then we open our  presents and sit and talk and have fun.
The 25.12 and 26.12 we go to my and to the parents from my wife, have Coffee and cake. change gift?s and talk and go for a walk . After dinner we went home. On 26.12. I see at my parents all my brothers and sisters ( I have 8 my wife zero ) What a party.

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:14:33 am »
My wife and I started the tradition of each family member or friend "performing" a Christmas gift Christmas Eve, we have had many renditions of "T'was the night before Christmas", singing and musical instruments and a few unusual performances, like my daughters boyfriend did a head-stand for over a minute :o :o
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 12:20:43 pm »
heiko, sounds like a great time with good food, and family.   :)

yyyyguy, love your tradition of singing and performances. i could do a head stand but only after many a glass of egg-nog.   :)

SMF

Teknoromi