Author Topic: Mini Car Prices  (Read 3210 times)

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
Mini Car Prices
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:03:03 pm »
Started making mini cars, which I purchased patterns from Winfield collections. I am using up some 3/4 Pine, and glueing two together, which would give me 1 1/2", will  leave them plain. Now my question is what should I charge for them at craft shows, which is the only things I have for kids, this is  new for me, gotta try and increase sales which haven't been good lately. All comments welcome.  Edward

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
Re: Mini Car Prices
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:41 pm »
It's a tough market. You compete with Chinese and Indian stuff that are mass produced to look hand made and sell for $4.99 in Meijers (we saw some last week). I'm afraid simple pine cars may not bring in any more than that. Good luck with your sales.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Porter-Cable PCB370SS in the corner
Lancaster Ohio
Ray Hayes - RMHayes@RMHayes.US
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Al W

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 07:51:59 am »
I would be very surprised to see a simple plain pine car bring in that much, especially in our area - maybe a dollar on a good day.
Molon Labe

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

The government is NOT always right, or on your side.

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:36:32 am »
Ed - I like cars myself, but if you want some other kid stuff, take a look at some of the push toys - ducks, chickens, dogs, alligators, etc. They usually have 2 wheels rather than 4 so save some time, and they appeal to younger kids (2-4 years old). They are not hard to make and might sell for a little more than a car.
https://www.google.com/search?q=push+toy+images&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHMO_en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=qocLUvbwAobyyAHzu4DgDw&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=627
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio
www.RMHayes.US

Offline edward

• View Profile
    • eds scrollwork
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 09:47:56 am »
This past weekend I sold two of my four cars displayed, one sold for $6 and a little bigger one sold for $10 , both were mad out of scrap pine.  edward

Offline EIEIO

• Be Prepared.
    • View Profile
    • RMHayes, LLC
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 09:54:36 am »
Good deal.
EX-21 arrived 2-1-2013!
Lancaster Ohio
www.RMHayes.US

Offline Jim Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 09:51:32 am »
In the past I have made and sold hundreds of wheeled toys and found that they sell well for $5 each.  Mass producing them and you can make 3-4 an hour depending on how complex they are.  Push toys and pull toys do sell well also and I sold them for $10-$15 each.  The only toys I now make are rubber band shooters which I sell for $5 each and can produce four per hour.  Only wish I could sell them that fast.
20"Hegner Polymax-3 (2008)
25"Hegner Multimax-3 (1986)

No PHD, just a  DD 214

SMF

Teknoromi