Author Topic: Finally an adult!!!  (Read 2126 times)

chief

Finally an adult!!!
« on: June 05, 2010, 12:50:15 am »
Well my son graduated from highschool today.  I am so proud of him.  Now he can get a full time job and pay rent.  He is wanting to join the Navy like me and become a Navy SEAL, no I am not a SEAL I am a boiler mechanic.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Finally an adult!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:01:30 am »
Man o man Chief, I still have a hole year to go with my son. Congratulations on yours.
Dan In Southern California

chief

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 01:05:21 am »
Well I still have 2 more kids to go.  I cant wait to have an empty house and not spend my woodworking money on the kids, the wife wants to have another one.  She is crazy.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 01:06:48 am »
Now you are an 'adult' so that makes me a SENIOR adult!
My grandson graduated May 21st and is off to Gonzaga to play soccer this fall.

Congrats to you and especially your son!
And if he goes on to Seal training I wish him success! Seals are amazing men and women (are there women Seals?)

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

chief

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 01:08:21 am »
No not me an adult he is.  No they dont let women into the SEALS.  I am sure it will come soon though.  They are now letting women on submarines.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:46:30 am »
Congradulations on your son's graduation. We have two more left to graduate out of seven kids. Speaking of letting women on submarines, they will have to post a sign on the sub like they did on vans in the 70's. If this sub's a rock'n, don't come a knock'n. LOLOL  :o  :o  :o
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline MadHatter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 07:29:16 am »
women on subs? hmmm reminds me of an older movie "operation petticoat" lol.

dankc908

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 08:18:40 am »
Well my son graduated from highschool today.  I am so proud of him.  Now he can get a full time job and pay rent.  He is wanting to join the Navy like me and become a Navy SEAL, no I am not a SEAL I am a boiler mechanic.

Congrats -- Those boilers, however, need seals too (or else they'd leak)!   ;D ;D ;D

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 11:22:14 am »
My stepson was a Hull Technician. His mom asked what he did and he said, "Basically mom I am the ship's plumber".
After basic he was assigned to Pearl on a guided missile cruiser. He arrived at the bas the day AFTER his ship was de-commissioned for complete overhaul! Spent three and a half years living off base in Honolulu and the only time they went to sea one of the boilers shot craps and they had to be towed back to Pearl!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

SMF

Teknoromi