Author Topic: happier than a pig in mud  (Read 2182 times)

thumbs

happier than a pig in mud
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:12:17 am »
About a week ago my computer totally crashed--I got a troian that wouldn't let me do any thing--So my son (computer geek) helped me whip it clean--everything gone--back to a new computer--to shorten the story I had most of my patterns on a back up disk--I went looking for one of Charlie Dearing e-book that I had bought and couldn't find it..  real upset-- I reloaded the disk and with a simple click in the tool section I found the thumbnail setting and the e-book just jumped out at me. I had always thought they were on the disc as name only--Even an old guy like me can learn some thing new--Richard aka thumbs

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: happier than a pig in mud
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:18:13 am »
Scrollers preach "Tension"

Computer guys preach "Back-Up" Back-Up" "Back-Up" "Back-UP" ! ! ! !

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Marshall

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:36:12 am »
So glad it all some what worked out for you , I know if today my PC go's out > it want take me long just to order one to replace it with . For the PC has become an asset in my scrolling work as your for you also ..........Marshall...... :).

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 11:02:13 am »
Amen on the back-up. I know a lot of people who have lost it all.
One virus can wipe you out.  8)
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

chips

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 03:00:40 pm »
 Sure agree with those who say back-up everything you want to keep. I don't keep any data on the computer, and even back up the whole system once a month. Had Windows 7 go over the hill on what was originally a Vista OS on my laptop a while back. Lost a coupla emails, but nothing major.

Dawie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 03:52:36 pm »
Had a Troian horse galloping around my pc too this week. Fortunatly my nephew got rid of it, but I agree back up is very important I have all my things I don't want to lose on external hard drive my nephews, he says his buying me a big one for my birthday. Will have to wait till september for that to happen.
David

Charlie Dearing

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 06:09:43 pm »
I have an external hard drive that I put stuff on.  Unfortunately if you (or I) procrastinate, it will bit you in the butt.  I've seen others talk about backing up onto cd's/dvd's...but my cd/dvd drive doesnt work.  Sigh

SMF

Teknoromi