Author Topic: dewalt saw  (Read 2193 times)

bampasr

dewalt saw
« on: June 12, 2010, 02:52:55 pm »
   Steve could you tell me were to get a easy lift system for my saw ? I bought at yardsale for $225 came with light and stand but no lift system. Thank you bampa

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Re: dewalt saw
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:37:36 pm »
Here's one source...

http://www.jimdandy.com/

I also think WoodCraft carries one.
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

bampasr

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 08:12:49 am »
Gray thank you for the info.Bampa

Vince

Scroll saw LIFT
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 02:53:34 pm »
     Another easy lift system: I raised my saw up and measured how tall it was about 10" behind the scroll saw blade,I took a 2 X 4 board and cut it that tall. Then said what else could this "Tool" do ? I cut the end at the correct angle to set the saw for making scroll saw bowls. Ok I'm on a roll here. I then glued two grits of sand paper to each 2" side. I then made an oval hole on the flat side so my fingers could slide thru for easy pick up. This works like a champ and all the parts were in easy reach to make, at no time did my back side leave the chair I work from. LOL

Vince Faulkner
Winter Park, Florida
Near the Mouse House

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 05:51:04 pm »
Hey Bampasr, If you learn to top feed, you don't need a lift system!
Dan In Southern California

jim stiek

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 10:28:10 am »
check oout rick hutchensons site he shows how to make the arm stay up without a lift

SawTooth

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 11:53:56 am »
I use a scrap of 4x4, about 6" long or so... I raise the arm and put the 4x4 under it toward the back to hold the arm at that height...  to make mine sl. more useful, I took it to the drill press and drilled a hole to precisely accept the removable end of the blade holding screw, ie. the part that gets burnished shiny and lets blades slip out too easily.  I can then touch that shiny surface to a sanding disc or belt to make a new flat, roughened surface, perpendicular to its shank, for better blade grip.

Spence

SMF

Teknoromi