Author Topic: Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker  (Read 5497 times)

Mike M

Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:56:53 pm »
Hey Steve,

I got the Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker down loaded, but it will not print.

Thanks, Mike

sp5937

Re: Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:51:08 pm »
Hey Steve,

I got the Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker down loaded, but it will not print.

Thanks, Mike

I also downloaded it, but I can only use a white font...cannot change the color and cannot see the name on the screen...

tux_linux

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 04:22:47 pm »
@sp5937
dont use capital letters - that does not work. All letters are capital by default. so just don't touch the shift-key.

@ Mike
Open your favourite Microsoft Office Program (Word will do / Powerpoint is recommended).

You will have a font called "mychain". Steve included it in the Key Chain Maker. Write your text with your Word or Powerpoint and you'll also have improved options from the office program. The 3D Key Chains can also be generated that way.

- a dot (".") opens the chain
- a slash ("/") closes it.
- a coma (",") adds a heart symbol
- a semicolon (";") adds a star symbol

I even prefer OpenOffice Draw, it is simple to use and provides enough graphical options for most patterns.

regards
Torsten

sp5937

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:36:27 pm »
Thanks so much...that was my problem, I was trying to use capitals...wow, how stupid of me!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Ben Hilmes

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 06:57:28 pm »
I am new to this forum but have read quite a few things about using the key chain pattern maker here.  In this thread, you mention using Word or Powerpoint to create a text string, but
you don't mention how to use that word string in the key chain pattern maker.  For example:
if I make a "#1 Teacher" string in word, how do I make a key chain with it using the pattern maker?
Next, I have seen mention of a version 1.06 of the pattern maker, but cannot find a place to
to download it.  Where is that link?

Last, has there been any thought of using Chinese/Japanese character fonts for key chains?

Thanks for your assistance.
Ben Hilmes

SMF

Teknoromi