Author Topic: Mike's Workshop  (Read 9860 times)

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
Re: Mike's Workshop
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 02:26:17 am »
I will miss mike dearly, I have only ordered from him a few times and his shipping was great within a fw days I had blades in my mail box and haveing a good deal on shipping was great as well, after seeign the shipping rates from WTB I am doubtful I will be ordering from them, from the list they have to order a gross set of blades at 30 bucks thats almost 7 bucks for shipping, to me thats high for blades that could be packed like mike did. Or will be ordering less to cut back on shipping, I have heard another site to order FD blades from but have not looked at what shipping cost are from them yet.

Best wishes mike on your retirement.

pddesertrat

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 10:29:20 am »
You can still order from Mike's Workshop, the prices are still the same as Mike charged.  The only thing different is the phone number. 

I have read, stated by Mike that there is going to be a slight increase in the cost of the blades.  This is not WTB's doing.  Mike was going to have to increase also, because the cost to him increased.  He didn't pass on the increase because he was in the process of selling the shop. 

Offline Ray

• View Profile
    • Slideshow of a few of my completed projects
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 10:48:19 am »
Best wishes Mike, you are truly the best and have always been my go to person for blades over the years.

Ray

Offline MOONIE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 09:54:09 pm »
Enjoy yourself, Mike,  I'll miss talking with you when I place an order.  I think you as a friend.  Moonie
MOONIE

Offline rdatelle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2015, 09:43:43 am »
I also enjoyed working with Mike. He always aimed to please and got his orders out quick. Good luck in your retirement Mike. We'll all miss you.
Ralph

Offline Toneman

• View Profile
    • TLC Miniature Horse Farm
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 04:57:23 pm »
Thank you Mike for your past services and advice! You are a true gentleman and hope you will still stay on the forum and chat and continue sharing your knowledge.

Tony,aka,Toneman

woodenteddybear

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 12:33:36 pm »
Good Morning!  My name is Vernon Brown and I am one of the owners of the Wooden Teddy Bear Inc. Yes we would like to wish Mike the best as he has all the time he wants to scroll now! Yes we did acquire Mike's Workshop, but that company will not change. The website will still be the same! As will the prices and the shipping. The only things changing, will be the phone #503-760-1614 and the fax #503-761-2674 PLEASE continue to order just like you always have, and we will try our best to continue to give you the highest quality of service.

pddesertrat

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 12:46:07 pm »
Great news and thank you for the update.  I wish you the best and anxious to do business with you.  Well I guess I have done business, I ordered from Mike's Workshop just the other day. 

Hope you know your Wooden Teddy Bear site is down.  I keep getting "No Service" when I try to access it.

Offline tommyb43

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 01:20:13 pm »
Good Morning!  My name is Vernon Brown and I am one of the owners of the Wooden Teddy Bear Inc. Yes we would like to wish Mike the best as he has all the time he wants to scroll now! Yes we did acquire Mike's Workshop, but that company will not change. The website will still be the same! As will the prices and the shipping. The only things changing, will be the phone #503-760-1614 and the fax #503-761-2674 PLEASE continue to order just like you always have, and we will try our best to continue to give you the highest quality of service.

Nice to meet you Vernon and hope i can do plenty of business with you in the near future.

I am only a new scroller and should have an order with you at the end of the month  :)

I wish Mike and my fellow scrollers a very happy St Patrick's Day for tomorrow.

Tom (Ipswich Suffolk UK)

woodenteddybear

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 01:23:44 pm »
Yes , we apologize!  Not sure why the Woodenteddybear site is down. Whether it was do to power outages here yesterday or what.  We're trying to get it up and running as soon as possible!!

Vernon

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:38 pm »

Awesome news this is good to hear, I will then be looking at ordering from the old mikes website, I will looking at gettign into spiral blades and its great to hear I can order from there.

Rover2

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 07:40:03 pm »
Thank you Vernon for the info.  Glad to hear at nothing has changed except for the phone and fax numbers.  I made an order the day after your take-over of the business and was hoping nothing got lost in the shuffle.  Haven't heard from you but Mike said it may take a few days.  Thanks again for keeping us up to date.

Al

Offline julief

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2015, 06:45:38 am »
Hi Vernon and welcome to the forum.  You may have noticed we are very fond of Mike.  You have some big shoes to fill.  That being said, I have done business with the Wooden Teddy Bear in the past and had very good service.  Again, welcome.

UHMNL

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 05:42:47 pm »
Hi Folks. Thank you very much for all the wonderful responses. I wanted all of you to know that I got a new email address today.
It is now:  sdmike@alliancecom.net.    sd  stands for South Dakota. Again, thanks for all the business in the past.
Mike

pddesertrat

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 06:06:59 pm »
Received my first order from the new Mike's Workshop today.  It has probably been sitting in my P.O box for a few days, I haven't checked it since last Friday.  Everything A-okay.

SMF

Teknoromi