Author Topic: Anyone need this info ??  (Read 2053 times)

Offline jerry1939

• Iowa - 2 seasons. Winter & road construction.
    • View Profile
Anyone need this info ??
« on: January 19, 2015, 11:53:57 am »
For years, I have been using cans of spray paint.  For scrolling, I use the blue painters tape & 3M adhesive method.  I wear protective goggles to keep the spray from coming back and getting on my plastic lenses eyeglasses. 

Occasionally, some un-named idiot will forget to put on the goggles.  If so, take an old toothbrush and toothpaste & scrub the lenses.  Works great !!!!!!!!

jerry

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
Re: Anyone need this info ??
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:59 pm »
And I thought I was the only one that did that, along with forgetting to start the dust collector sometimes.
A word of advice the dust collector works a lot better when running than not. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline Ray

• View Profile
    • Slideshow of a few of my completed projects
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 01:35:56 pm »
I often get lazy and don't wear goggles when spraying  :o

I'm lucky though that the little paint dots don't seem to stick permanently to my plastic lens glasses. I did have the glasses coated with a couple of things when I bought them so I'm guessing that's why. A damp microfiber towel and paint or lacquer wipes right off.

Ray

Offline jeff44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »
I found a little denatured alcohol works good on plastic lenses.  Anti-reflective coating on plastic lenses makes it easier to get paint off lenses also.  Having worked in the optical field for over 30 years or more, I found Crizal antireflective coating the best and has a year guarantee for peeling.

Offline Rapid Roger

• Hutchinson, Kansas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:43:59 am »
You don't use 220 grit sandpaper to clean your glasses?  :o
Just joking of course. I use some glasses cleaner that was given to me that has alcohol and wax in it I believe, and works good to keep lenses clean. However, I also use Rain-X which is the stuff to put on automobile windshields and I think it is all the same stuff. It prevents water spotting and makes for easy clean-up for overspray and other dirt and sawdust on glasses.

Rog
An ounce of responsablity is worth 10 pounds of state and fedral laws.

EdN

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 02:17:59 pm »
Most of the time, my glasses have such a heavy coating of saw dust,  paint can't reach the lenses.  8) :-[

Offline slowcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:04:25 pm »
Clean glasses

Wow I learn something every day
JP

S - ee
M - iracles
I - n
L - ife
E - veryday

Offline jerry1939

• Iowa - 2 seasons. Winter & road construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 08:53:02 pm »
Hi,  I posted the original article.  You know the definition of an idiot??  Someone that makes the same mistake twice.  Yep, didn't wear goggles again today and got 3M on my glasses.

However,  I found out that you don't need to use a toothbrush.  Just toothpaste & fingers.

Hope this helps somebody.

jerry

SMF

Teknoromi