Author Topic: Happy Father's Day  (Read 1874 times)

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
Happy Father's Day
« on: June 15, 2013, 02:47:41 am »
For all you who have children....Happy Father's Day. I have not been blessed with any of my own, but my father is in town visiting from San Antonio. I made him a few ducks which he will get tomorrow. Have been making and mailing him gifts from my new hobby. Had a great complement from him today. I have never been a tool or fix it kind of guy. Not been much at making things. My dad told me today he is proud of the work I have been doing. It was pretty nice to hear him say that about something I made. Well I hope he likes his new baby ducks

As for the rest of you fathers...have a great time this weekend with your children.

rob roy

Re: Happy Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:36:49 am »
Thanks for the good wishes Troy. We have two of a family, no longer youngsters though and two Grandsons one 4 years and one 2 years. Unfortunately there's no Grampa Day. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Rob Roy

Offline tvman44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:23:32 pm »
Well we have 2 sons and 7 grand children so I guess that makes me a Father.  This summer I promised to show the youngest grand son (9 years old) how to scroll saw.  I plan to start him on my old Dremel SS. :)
Bob Making sawdust in SW Louisiana with a
EX-21

Offline mickey357

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 03:01:15 pm »
Thank-you. I will be spending Fathers Day with my son and Granddaughter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 05:29:49 pm »
Dinner with son and granddaughter tomorrow and then visit to my daughter in Colorado on next Saturday. All in all a good Father's Day week!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 04:00:59 pm »
happy fathers day to you all.
after receiving the gifts I spend the day with some 5 lbs pork shoulder on the BBQ.
took me 7 hours to finish a good "pulled pork"
after two hours or so, when the meat gets brown, the children start and keep asking... is it ready????
it's no scrolling, but sure use the same patience...
tasted well!

Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »
I am doing the evening service at our church this evening. I have a sermon written centered on Father's Day. I hope it is well received, wish we well..
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Marcellarius

• Scrolling each day, keeps the doctor away
    • View Profile
    • Some of my work
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 01:45:00 am »
I am doing the evening service at our church this evening. I have a sermon written centered on Father's Day. I hope it is well received, wish we well..

our heavenly father serves a fathers day every day ;)
right?

how did it go? is it your first time to do a sermon?
Marcel

sometimes I make designer firewood....

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 12:02:55 am »

I am a licensed preacher, but currently not a pastor at  my church. I do preach when I can. Father's Day is a great day for a sermon. No matter how good or bad our earthly father may or may not be, we know we have a Father in heaven who loves us unconditionally. I am sure you had a good sermon for that night. Our church does not currently do a night service on Sunday nights.

SMF

Teknoromi