Author Topic: craftsman part  (Read 2218 times)

Offline kay937

• View Profile
    • KAY937
craftsman part
« on: January 30, 2015, 10:38:58 pm »
well i looked and called everyone there is no holder to be found for my saw. i guess i have to buy a saw, and it probably will be a skill because they are the cheapest. if anyone knows anything good or bad about this saw can u please let me know, i dont have any money to waste. and thanks to all u guys for your help in trying to find the part.
                                                               kay in ohio

Offline spirithorse

• View Profile
Re: craftsman part
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:28:43 am »
Hi, Kay,
Did you see my post in your original thread about the blade holder?
Here is a copy of that message.

Hi, Kay,
Did your old blade holder look like this in the link?
Scroll down to where it says STANDARD BLADE HOLDER SET

http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0007.htm

God Bless! Spirithorse

Offline kay937

• View Profile
    • KAY937
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 10:11:29 am »
i seen the thread last night, its not the same, went and read reviews last night on the skill saw and im not going to get one, the lady said it took 2 hours for her to get the blade in and i have the same trouble with my craftsman, so i decided im going to just save for a few months and buy a dewalt, thanks again for your help.   
                                        may god bless you and your family, kay

RJweb

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:32:50 am »
Keep your eye on Craig's list, I picked my up a few years ago for 200.00

Offline termite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 07:07:58 pm »
  i found this at searspartsdirect.com--blade holder part # 66051-$8.99. check it out. maybe
you will get lucky

agooday88

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 11:23:27 pm »
After you buy your new saw you can always sell your old one for parts. That is what I am doing with a saw that the arm is broken on but the rest is in great shape.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 01:23:32 pm »
Interesting!  I have two Craftsman saws and love them both.  No problem what so ever installing the blades.  My Older saw (paid $18.00 last year) only uses pin blades but that's ok as I use it for outside cuts and anything that doesn't require small pilot holes.  Saw works like a charm.  Newer Saw I bought used at a yard sale ($75.00) also works like a charm and takes both pin and unpinned blades.  You can find a New Craftsman one sale for just over a $100.00 and shipped free to your closest Sears store.  Beside Craigslist, check out e-bay and maybe Amazon.
ChelCass

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 04:52:33 pm »
kay937 can you post a pic of the holder you are needing? I have a craftsman sitting in my shed that bit the dust, if its the same one I can send you the holders so you can keep going till you get the saw you want, me I picked the Excalibur after reading reports of the type 2 dewalts issues unless they fixed those.

Parts for these cheap saw are hard to get and in the end will cost what it does to replace the whole saw, mine the arm bushing gave up, could not find the bushings anywhere and to order the arms with bushings was almost what the saw was new, why I now have a EX saw.

SMF

Teknoromi