Author Topic: Hi from Sugar Land, TX  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
Hi from Sugar Land, TX
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:45:49 pm »
Hi Folks and greetings from southeast Tx, aka Houston.  I have been scrolling for seven years now and just love it to the point that my wife says if it doesn't involve my woodworking, I don't pay any attention to it.  To a point she is correct, but I have to build up my inventory for my fall craft shows.  Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forword to see folks from around the world are doing.

You can see some of my work at my website:  www.normsscrollsawart.com

Norm Nichols
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:51:49 pm by Ablade »

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Sugar Land, TX
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 06:59:06 am »
I checked out your site blue ribbons and all. Nice work. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

cherie

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 07:59:24 am »
All I can say is; AWESOME WORK THERE.  I love you website and the work you do.  How hard is it to put one of those freewheels together?  I have always wanted to try, but I just do not have the patients.  Welcome to the forum and I cannot wait to see what else you come up with.

Duke

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:25:59 pm »
Hey Norm, your work is great, where did you get the pattern for the elegant cross, it looks grest

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »
Thank y'll for the kind comments.  I have new pics to add and I haven't even updated my show schedule.  I have to get out of the shop one of these days.   ;)

Cherie, it took me two weeks to cut it out and five weeks to put it together.  After all that cutting I was very careful when it came to the assembling.  The pattern is available from Wildwood Design.  There are three in the series: my gondola, ferris wheel, and carnival swing.  My teacher has done the ferris wheel.  It is great.  We use them as "attention getters" at our craft shows and they sure do work.

Duke, the elegant cross is a Dirk Boelman design.  Check him out at the following:

http://www.theartfactory.com/

I have done several of his patterns.  He has some wonderful patterns.

cherie

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:42:33 am »
Thanks will have to check things out.

SMF

Teknoromi