Author Topic: Very Frustrated!  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
Very Frustrated!
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:47:14 pm »
About 3 days ago, a dude  (I think a newbie) requested a pattern of an older couple sitting on a couch holding hands.  The picture quality was only fair and being a full body picture, the face features were quite vague. I worked on the pattern for a couple of days off and on, and finally got the pattern where I thought it would work for him.  I started to post and lo and behold the requestor deleted the request and has dissapeared.  Mind you, I am not complaining, however, it is very frustrating to go to that much work (for free) and find the requestor has gone.  Just Venting.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:00:29 pm by Joleet »
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

pokey

Re: Very Frustrated!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:18:00 pm »
I for one think it is a shame to put you wonderful pattern makers to work llike that and then disapear. You certainly have the rigt to vent. 

On a different note, the pattern you did for me is fantastic!!  I started cutting it, but just so you know, my saw is broken and I have parts ordered.  Don't know how long it will take to get them, but as soon as I get my saw fixed I will finish the cutting.  Again, many, many thanks for the pattern.  You are certainly appreciated and I hope that one persons inconsideration doesn't deter you from making your wonderful patterns.  I am sure that the whole of this forum appreciates you very much. I for one am guilty of not passing on praise as often as I should.   

pokey

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:21:02 pm »
I sure can understand your frustration Ron. It was recently suggested that the pattern makers announce that they will try the pattern. As Grampa says " I'll give it a go". That way the original poster knows that someone is trying to make their pattern.
Perhaps after not getting a reply he withdrew his request.
We truly appreciate the amazing pattern makers on this forum, And you are one of the best. So don't give up on us!
Dan In Southern California

Offline skip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:39:45 am »
i was the one that put picture on   and 2 days later it was gone  i thought  maybe something was wrong  and someone took it off   i did not take it offf myself   i didnt say anything because i dont get on here a lot      i check the forum  every day  but dont say a lot     but i dont know what happen to the picture   thank you              skip

Offline Joleet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:18:35 am »
Skip...I'm glad you got back  (the internet has a lot of gremlins) so that I can post my effort of your couple.  As stated the picture quality wasn't the best and was very hard to get any facial features. Anyway, I hope it works for you. Possibly you can get a better quality close-up of the couple.
Ron
Ron... Twin Falls, Idaho

Me Slow?  I get up in the morning with nothing to do and go to bed at night with half of it done!

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 11:21:16 am »
What a GROUP!

See, we are close knit and helpful and for the most part considerate.
I was about to echo Dan's comments and bang! there was an explanation...

My continued THANKS to our 'Prolific Pattern Purveyors'!!!

And considering the photo the pattern is very good! Thanks, Ron!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

TomC

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 11:45:00 am »
I am amazed at the patterns our guys cand do, and both enjoy and appreciate their efforts very much.

Offline skip

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 11:57:43 am »
very good pattern   i will start cutting   today      i dont ask very often  for pattern and thought i mess up somehow  anyways im glad you guys  do this       i can draw a strait line with a ruler      im on here everyday  but just to read         i THANK YOU for your time  for a good pattern         SKIP

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 12:37:30 pm »
Skip, Don't be shy. We welcome all comments. Just say hi and show us some of your work, or ad some of your wisdom. We are all learning and welcome all input!
Dan In Southern California

pokey

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 02:15:44 pm »
So nice to see it all worked out.  Nice job on the pattern!!!!  This is really a remarkable group...Fell really fortunate to get to belong to it. 

Offline scrollriffic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:00:00 pm »
I didn't see the picture but the pattern looks first rate. Thanks for helping him out. Bobby

SMF

Teknoromi