Author Topic: Cradle ideas  (Read 892 times)

Offline mamell

• View Profile
Cradle ideas
« on: July 01, 2016, 08:18:06 am »
So I'm going to be a grandfather once again and this time I'm building a pendulum type cradle for the little one. Luckily I have some time to work on this because babies don't just pop right out instantly anymore. They have to ferment awhile now days..
Anyway I am planning something unique for the ends, something like the cheapo horrible art work of mine with a art deco theme. I'm planning to use walnut for the highlighted areas and perhaps oak as the main board. I'd use maple, but I'm rather poor. I thought about doing a maple inlay inside the walnut strips of the outside and Steve gave us the supplier of quality thin boards on ebay from one of his videos, but I'm not sure if I can line up the cuts right or not.. Yup Steve..I watched! 

For the side panels I'm thinking something similar although my drawing leaves something to be desired.  (believe it or not I actually majored in commercial art way back in college when people still used pen and ink, but nerve damage dashed that dream along with technological advances)

These are just scribble ideas.. So does anyone have any other ideas for this project that is going to set me back a few hundred bucks? 

SMF

Teknoromi