Author Topic: Blades  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
Blades
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:43:46 pm »
I haven't needed blades in a while and now that I do can I still get Flying Dutchman blades? I always got them from Mike but understand he has retired. Have never tried the Olsen blade and would appreciate comments on them.

Thanks
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

Offline jimr1cos

• View Profile
Re: Blades
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 11:09:21 pm »
mikesworkshop.com is still handling FD blades under new ownership. My last order received the same great service that Mike provided for many years.
Olsen blades are also fine, but I find them rather pricey at the local Ace Hardware.
Jim

Offline Lakelad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 04:02:17 pm »
Thanks Jim I'll order from Mike's. Love the blades just didn't know if I could still get them thru that site.

Gary
I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam.

Offline Bill Wilson

• View Profile
    • Blazin' Blades Scrollers of Western PA
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 04:13:51 pm »
Wooden Teddy Bear now owns the rights to sell FD blades in the US.  You can still use the original FD site to place the order, but they're coming from WTB. 

I've used Olson blades for years.  Their MS series blades are my favorite for general scrolling.  Until recently, I've only used FD's spiral blades, but I did buy a few FD-UR blades to try out.  So far I like them.
Nobody ever worked so hard that milk squirted out of their nose.

Offline mamell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 10:27:35 pm »
You know what?  I'm glad I read this thread because I couldn't remember where I purchased the last set of blades I bought and it was through WTB.. The next part is I can't remember what blades I actually bought.. I do know that the last blades I used to cut through 3/4 inch oak were nice and sharp and thin. Number 2? Skip tooth perhaps? 
This is the part that drives me crazy.. I should keep a journal.
I have some 1/2 inch oak I want to use and my blades are beginning to rust and dull..
Does number 2 skip tooth sound about right?

Offline Jim-78028

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 04:48:48 am »
You know what?  I'm glad I read this thread because I couldn't remember where I purchased the last set of blades I bought and it was through WTB.. The next part is I can't remember what blades I actually bought.. I do know that the last blades I used to cut through 3/4 inch oak were nice and sharp and thin. Number 2? Skip tooth perhaps? 
This is the part that drives me crazy.. I should keep a journal.
I have some 1/2 inch oak I want to use and my blades are beginning to rust and dull..
Does number 2 skip tooth sound about right?

Try sending an email to WTB, he may have your last order on file and can tell you what you ordered.

SMF

Teknoromi