Author Topic: Greetings From Cypress, Texas  (Read 1393 times)

eaglehawk

Greetings From Cypress, Texas
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:34:41 am »
Hello everyone.  My name is Chris Newcomb, I have been involved with woodworking every since my father suggested I take shop class in the 5th grade.  I have loved woodworking ever since.  I recently got back involved with woodworking to try to make some money on the side of my normal day job.  I hope to be able to learn some new tips and tricks that I've not thought of as well as share some that I've found on my own.

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings From Cypress, Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:54:34 pm »
Don't know how much money you will make. I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A project a day will keep thw doctor away LOL...
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

Offline Ablade

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:37:11 pm »
Hi Chris,

I just joined this forum and saw your message.  i just started a scroll saw club in Houston.  We have a meeting this Sat and would love to see you there.  We will be at Woodcraft, Beltway 8, 9:30 AM.  Subject for this month's meeting is presentation/mounting and cutting tips and tricks.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

This invite goes for anyone else in the Houston as well.

Norm

eaglehawk

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:44:22 pm »
Don't know how much money you will make. I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. A project a day will keep thw doctor away LOL...

Thanks for the welcome, fortunately I've sold about 10 projects and made a good chunk of profit from each one.  I'm not expecting much.

I just joined this forum and saw your message.  i just started a scroll saw club in Houston.  We have a meeting this Sat and would love to see you there.  We will be at Woodcraft, Beltway 8, 9:30 AM.  Subject for this month's meeting is presentation/mounting and cutting tips and tricks.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

I will try to make it.  I should be able to make it.

cherie

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:01:53 am »
Chris,  Have you ever gave any of your things away?  I think I give more away than I can actually make money at.  If I keep going I will never make it as a scroller.  Good luck on your endeavor and welcome to the forum.

eaglehawk

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:40:02 am »
Chris,  Have you ever gave any of your things away?  I think I give more away than I can actually make money at.  If I keep going I will never make it as a scroller.  Good luck on your endeavor and welcome to the forum.

Cherie,
  I do, I give alot of it away, simply because it's made for friends and or family.  I love scrolling, as it relaxes me so making money on it is not a priority for me (unlike my wife).  I would rather give 10 projects away for every 1 I sell just because I enjoy seeing the joy in other peoples faces when they receive something I've made.

cherie

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 05:36:03 pm »
Isn't that great!! I love to make people's day by surprising them.

SMF

Teknoromi