Author Topic: Greetings from Buxton, Maine  (Read 758 times)

BudWilson

Greetings from Buxton, Maine
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:02:25 pm »
Hi.  I've been scroll sawing since my stroke in September, 2006.  I don't remember much from the month or so after the stroke,  but my children tell me that I had them buy me a scroll saw.  I have not regretted the decision to try scroll sawing.  I like Steve's patterns, because they are first rate and are not as difficult to cut as a lot in the magazines are.  I only have use of my right side for fine work and I can get impatient at times of my progress.  With my son's help, I can still make furniture for my family.  Thank you Steve.  I look forward to my email every day!  Bud

Offline Russ C

• Global Moderator
  • Central Florida - USA
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Buxton, Maine
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 06:46:03 am »
Sounds like good therapy for you. Hi I'm Russ from Florida. Welcome to the Scrollsaw Forum. Jump in and let the sawdust fly.
russ@simplywoodencreations.com

Keep The Blade On The Line.

cherie

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:06:03 am »
Impatient s in what makes us scrollers good.  At least that is what I have noticed.  I break a piece and then throw it out or adjust it so it does not look like I am missing a section.   I did this with a butterfly ornament last night.  OOOHHH was I made, but I will keep it as a reminder of what not to do.  LOL.  Welcome to the forum and have a great day.

BudWilson

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 05:37:24 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement.  The brain injury tires me quickly, physically and mentally.  This is the frustrating part!  So I leave things alone and go take a nap!  Helps some, but the interaction with other people is what calms me down.  Happy scrolling to all!

SMF

Teknoromi