Author Topic: belt/disc sander purchase  (Read 6298 times)

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
Re: belt/disc sander purchase
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 07:30:22 pm »
 ;D I recently snagged the Harbor Freight 4X36 belt sander with the 6" disc sander for an excellent price starting at 79.99 then knocking it down an additional 20% to $63.00.
I finally had an opportunity to try it out. I sliced and cut pine pieces for making a 24 tube holder for my scroll saw blades. I had to flip the 2X4 over to completely slice the board, on my table saw, this of course caused some variance in the board. Just tried the belt sander and it cleaned it up beautifully and then I smoothed all around. Quick fast and it was done. So far so good.

If it were not for Harbor F. I would not be into woodworking at all. I started with their scroll saw and liked it so much, that I upgraded to a Delta over the holidays. I have a grand daughter interested in scrolling, when she is ready to start she too will begin with the Harbor Freight Saw. :o

In the USA new economy, Harbor F. is the only way to go....
GO PACK GO

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »
I ended up getting the "Master-force" 6" belt X 9" disc, looks like a good one, only time will tell.  Thanks for all your input.

Pete
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 08:29:00 pm »
Don't know that brand Pete, Where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it? After you work with it for awhile will you give us a review?
Dan In Southern California

Offline yyyyyguy

• yyyyyguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 10:17:26 pm »
Don't know that brand Pete, Where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it? After you work with it for awhile will you give us a review?
Around here Wi -Ia, we have Menards, very much like Home Depot, Lowes etc. It was $200.  I have some of their hand tools  (Master-Force) and have been happy with them.  I like the 90 day no questions asked guarantee and 3 year warranty.  Plus it's a little more than I was looking for and the price was with-in my boundaries.  Won't be using it for a while - too cold in the shop, too messy for the basement, should have waited for warmer weather to buy maybe but I was itchy to get it now. I've heard it's the same machine Harbor Freight sells, they were out when I went to look at theirs.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:29:23 pm by yyyyyguy »
I love the smell of saw dust in the morning.

dankc908

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 07:35:29 am »
I just bought http://www.amazon.com/POWERTEC-BD6900-Sander-Built--Collection/dp/B0035K0XCC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1327149171&sr=8-3 from Amazon.com.  I got it on sale for $202.00 but I see it has gone up in price.  Great sander and VERY good reviews.  If you can get the extra $50 for it I would encourage you to consider this one.

SMF

Teknoromi