Author Topic: Posting a photo  (Read 2126 times)

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
Posting a photo
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »
 Any suggestions on how to post a photo? The option for attachments under additional options limits an image size to a few kb. and my photo is rejected. I don't think the image I'd like to post is any larger than other images on the forum. The "insert image" icon on the tool bar just inserts "[img]" into the text of my post. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Barry.

sullycroller

Re: Posting a photo
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:36:03 pm »
Can your scale the image down with "Gimp" ?

sully

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:38:35 pm »
Sully, do you think it'd make a difference if I took the photo with a camera rather than a cellphone?

Offline TheMelster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »
Any suggestions on how to post a photo? The option for attachments under additional options limits an image size to a few kb. and my photo is rejected. I don't think the image I'd like to post is any larger than other images on the forum. The "insert image" icon on the tool bar just inserts "[img]" into the text of my post. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Barry.

Re: Sorry Steve
? Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:48:10 AM ?
Quote  Modify  Remove download Steve Goods pixsizer. Then
in windows bottom left at 4 color ball microsoft logo button (start button) click on it it flashes search programs and files type in pixsizer. click on pixsizer.zip, it opens then click on pixsizer.exe, then click run .... the tutorial explains the rest
http://scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/09/super-simple-picture-resizer-for.html  scroll down till u see youtube video... go from there

the file is probably in your download folder yet from when you downloaded it.
the picture size looks the same but number of pixcels change..
[/color][/color]
? Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:55:39 AM by TheMelster ?   Report to moderator     198.143.41.33
GO PACK GO
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:31:58 pm by TheMelster »
GO PACK GO

Offline Dakota Saw Dust

• Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 05:51:22 pm »
Overfifty - take The Milster's advice. I had your same problem 'til last night. I put Steve program on my desk top for easy access. i also found it best to make the "thumb nail" copy before writing your blog/post.  Good luck.   Brian

Offline overfifty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »
Lol, is that some kind of slick or what? Thank you all, Barry.

Offline dirtrider73068

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »
You can use that img tag if you have your photo saved at say photobucket then insert the link in that tag and it will show the photo with out size limit, steve has a size limit as it takes space on the server, useing the img tag does not and links it from where the photo is like photobucket. This how I post photo's on the forum.

SMF

Teknoromi