Author Topic: The Lord's Supper Pattern  (Read 1589 times)

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
The Lord's Supper Pattern
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:42:36 pm »
I decided to try Steve's pattern for the Lord's Supper. I thought I might make 3 of them for my sisters for Christmas. After 2 hours and countless blade changes from one hole to another I got one Disciple done. WOW! what a pattern. Now I am thinking might be able to get 3 of them done by next Christmas!   ::)

So far I have done alright but was wondering if anyone else has done this pattern and about how many hours it will take?

Also I have a Craftsman 16" saw and I am not sure that I will be able to make all the cuts with it.
  Any advice and info would sure be appreciated.

Thanks,
George
Let's make some saw dust!

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
Re: The Lord's Supper Pattern
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »
i never done Steve's pattern.but i did this one http://stevedgood.com/community/gallery/1749_20_11_13_6_34_33.jpegwhat size are you doning it and if your using spirals you shouldn't have any problems doing all the cuts.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »
i never done Steve's pattern.but i did this one http://stevedgood.com/community/gallery/1749_20_11_13_6_34_33.jpegwhat size are you doning it and if your using spirals you shouldn't have any problems doing all the cuts.

Thanks for the reply Newfie That is a beautiful piece you did. Mine is not quite that detailed.
I have thot about trying the spiral blades but really haven't needed them until now.
I will give them a try.

Offline newfie

• The Way I Scroll
    • View Profile
    • some of my woodworking
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 07:08:22 pm »
that one was done with spirals it was the only way i could do it.give them a try there tricky to use at first but with a little practice there not to bad.

excalibur 21
Every woodworker needs a fireplace

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 08:29:54 am »
I did Steve's "Lord's Supper" and I used a #2, 20/14 blade and I only used one blade and it really didn't take that long.  What kind of wood are you using.

gene
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:31:27 am by geneVG »
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline arkiewood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 01:04:10 am »
I did Steve's "Lord's Supper" and I used a #2, 20/14 blade and I only used one blade and it really didn't take that long.  What kind of wood are you using.

gene

I am using cedar planed to 1/2"

SMF

Teknoromi