Author Topic: Wood Worker Club  (Read 1999 times)

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
Wood Worker Club
« on: January 03, 2013, 10:25:37 pm »
I am happy to tell you all that Scobby and I have started a wook worker club here in Fort Dodge.  It has been going now for three months and we have an avverage of 11 people every month.  The guys & gals that attend work in differnt fields of wood working.  We even have a artist that wants to join.  This month I (gene) will be giving leasons on the scroll saw.  Next month we have a you9ng man that is a wiz on the turning Lay(sp) and he will be giving lesson then.  I am rally excited about the club, we call it "Webster County wood worker Asso."  We meet the first Saturday of every month.  So if anyone out here wants to come, we would be happy to have you.

gene
Gene Van Grevenhof

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: Wood Worker Club
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:42:20 pm »
That's great news Gene! A woodworking club is a great way to network with other woodworkers. I have been a member of a woodworking club for about twelve years now and have learned a lot!
Dan In Southern California

Offline rrjwright

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:48:39 pm »
Sounds interesting.... But Iowa is a little drive from Kansas City.  Wish I could come.

Jim. . .
Scroll'n... Scroll'n.... Scroll'n
Keep that Sawdust Flow'n

king310

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 11:31:08 pm »
Gene I would join but I Would not be able to drive from West Burlington to my ol college town. I lived at several locations during those days. The wyaconda was one.  ;D worked at Hy-Vee

Offline troy_curtis

• No matter where you go...there you are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:58 am »
It is a good idea, I need to check here in Phoenix for such a club.

Offline chelcass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:53 am »
Great idea Gene, Wish we had one here in Michigan.  Have a wood carvers club but nothing for scrollsawing.  Be sure and post pictures of your club and what they are working on.  You know we LOVE pictures!
ChelCass

Offline geneVG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:37:33 am »
Hey King, a friend of mine owns the wyaconda now.  When did you live here in Fort Dodge?  And ChelCass, right now we are working on making wooden toys for the coming Christmas.  We hope to have  a lot of toys for a lot of kids. 

gene
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 09:40:16 am by geneVG »
Gene Van Grevenhof

king310

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 07:31:56 am »
72/73   :o

SMF

Teknoromi