Author Topic: After 4th of July Roll call!  (Read 4178 times)

Offline dgman

• View Profile
Re: After 4th of July Roll call!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 11:22:58 pm »
Present, All is well here in Southern California. Stayed in the mid 80s all weekend!
Rain? Whats that?
Dan In Southern California

Offline crusty59

• View Profile
    • Wood Crafts by Chris
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 08:39:36 am »
We stayed home most of the weekend. The 4th is my wife's Birthday. So we had a pool party. Had lots of fun. Now I have some cuttin to do

Mytoya

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 12:28:33 pm »
 Glad to here all is well.
 So what is everyone working on? I am about to make a bowl or 2 and cut a few names.
@dgman.. How far are you from 29 Palms?? I am looking for a group to join in my area.
 I have been down to the SanDiego Seaside Scrollers but that is too far for me.

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
    • Artistic Sawdust and Other Fun Stuff
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 01:50:02 pm »
I just enjoyed the peace and quite of getting something done all day and fireworks with the kids that evening.

Hey SP_343 Did a job like yours for many years so know what you go through.  Remember while on duty...It's not cool to laugh at the drunks.  Gotta stay professional  ::)
I'm from North Dakota

Rightarm

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 03:32:17 pm »
    Here and present. Stayed home. Got called out on an ambulance, no A/C. when to a buddy's house. He is a City Detective. Watched him burn off his eyebrows on fireworks. Laughed at him, and walked home. Dave :o

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 04:43:02 pm »
Now that is sad!!!

But you chuckled a bit I know!!!
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

sp_343

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2010, 12:31:33 am »
I always get a good chuckle...when I'm back in the car by myself...come to think of it...I do talk to myself alot in that squad car.

And sing along to the radio...probably a good thing I am by myself. :P :P

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:09 am »
SP...I found that you have to really know an enforcement officer or be related to one to get the true insight of what it is like to be in your position!
I had a relative who was a "cop" in St. (his word not mine) and he had some of the funniest stories I have ever heard!
He and his partner were chasing a 'perp' down an alley when the guy turned and fired at Jerry taking off his cap. They caught and subdued the guy and his partner said, "What if that shot had ruined your new 'toupe'?"
Jer replied with a straight face, " I would have killed that SOB!"

~~~GrayBeard~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2010, 10:14:59 am »
Some of my happiest and funniest memories are from when I wore a badge.  Things are so much different now.  Thanks SP_343 for being brave enough to do the job.
I'm from North Dakota

sp_343

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2010, 10:27:34 am »
Judy:  I see by your profile that you are in ND.  Where about are you?  I am about 45mins East of Grand Forks, ND and I use to work for the City of East Grand Forks, before getting hired by the MN State Patrol.  Where did you use to work?

GB:  That is so true and Jerry sounds like alot of "cops" that I have come to know over the years.  At times when I feel that I have it tough...I think about the guys and gals that are wearing the badge in the big cities like "St.Louie"...and know that they are the ones on the front lines, fighting for the victims of crimes. 

Hats off to your buddy Jerry...and I think your Cards are gonna win the Central this year...my poor Cubbies can't get it done....again....   

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 01:00:57 pm »
I worked out of Valley City with the Barnes County SO.  My dad was Police Chief at Portland, ND. Brother was HP out of Fargo, later Sheriff in Grant County. Dad's gone now and me and my Brother are OLD, so it was a long time ago, back in the 70's.  Oh crap, I think I just gave my approximate age away.  :)
I'm from North Dakota

sp_343

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 12:48:04 am »
That was a dangerous time to be a "cop".  Back then you had a radio and your own common sense to keep you safe.  At least now (with computers, GPS, better radio systems, cell phones) if help is needed...it can get to me a little quicker.

I sometimes worry more about loosing a finger tip in the woodshop than getting hurt at work... :P :P :P

Thanks to you and your family for paving the way for the rest of us.  The "Thin Blue Line" continues no matter what age you are.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:07:07 am by sp_343 »

Mytoya

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 11:28:02 am »
Wow Lots of LEO's here.
 My husband is a Law Enforcement Officer in the National parks. You guys should write a book. All the crazy things you see and go through in a day.

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 02:39:55 pm »
I am not a LEO, but here is what I do for fun in my job at an Air force Base.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline Judy Hunter

• The world moves on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 04:13:35 pm »
eewwww thats just nasty.
I'm from North Dakota

SMF

Teknoromi