Author Topic: Progress report on Gimpy Gabby  (Read 5928 times)

Offline heiko rettberg

• View Profile
Re: Progress report on Gimpy Gabby
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:49:23 am »
Very good news Gaby, i wish you all the best. Make it slowly, step by step.

Greetings from Germany
Heiko

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 10:31:24 am »
Glad you are back up and about!

Please! Take the time to heal well and permanently!

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 02:26:17 am »
Good to hear from you.  Isn't it amazing how mowing gives you a boost. I am not sure if it is the excercise, the fresh air, or just the feeling useful again.  I am so happy up are up and doingthe things that help ou.
Just don't overdo.  Yeah right!!  ;D Your body knows what you should and should not do but us old farts don't listen to our bodies as well as we should sometimes. ;)

Judy it did feel good getting something accomplished, and it gave me a bit of a high.

However, next morning on waking up I realised I had over done it am still paying the price. Blame twisting the wheel or the bouncing of the tractor, neither of which at the time felt particularly uncomfortable, but must have had a cumulative affect on my poor body. Very tender and sore along the incision that runs from below my navel to my sternum. Needless to say I've learned my lesson. I'll not be attempting that again for a while. Wife did the vacuuming today and I picked up the wand and pushed it around a few times, nope not ready for that either. At least I was able to drive down and get the newspaper and mail for her!
Good Boy! Give him a cookie. LOL
Gabby
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:28:55 am by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Offline campasano

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 11:16:57 am »
Gabby, I am thrilled to hear that you are on the way to recovery, just do what the doctor orders and take it slow. I will keep you in my daily prayers.

Mike
Do your part - go green - save the earth

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 12:19:43 pm »
You can't rush this sort of thing Gabby, you have had a major health scare and it is going to take time to heal, there are no shortcuts. One thing you can count on though - you are in everyones prayers. 
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

daliclimbs

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 12:31:30 pm »
That's great Gabby! Don't get discouraged.. once your incision mends it will be a lot easier on you. Making this great progress so early on is something to be really proud of. We all look foreward to hearing from you here in the forum, and we all wish you the best! God bless!

Offline cdrover(Clyde)

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 03:35:43 pm »
Take her easy Gabby, your body just gave you a stern warning.
What are we here for but to help others. (Author unknown)
Clyde

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:44 am »
Well it's 2 weeks today, and I'm still paying the price for my impatience. We're going to have to find someone to come and do my job for me, with all the rain our grass is 6 to 8" already and there are areas higher than that where I didn't cut before. Needless to say I'm NOT  going to try it yet!
After all the rain the last couple days have been gorgeous and it really is difficult not being able to do anything but sit there and look at it!
ARGH and ARGH again.
Love to my Family of friends,
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

Offline mrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 10:02:47 am »
More prayers to you Gabby! Try to take it easy for a while.

Offline Coffeepot

• Something good is brewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 10:53:19 am »
Teach ya' to leave AZ, Gabby.  No rain to grow grass here.  ;)
Scrolling has its perks

Offline Keefie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 01:55:19 pm »
Glad to see you not risking cutting the grass again Gabby, you know what the doctors said - slow and easy. It doesnt matter if the grass gets 2 feet tall, your health comes first. You are still in my thoughts and prayers, so take your time and make a full recovery.
It's all a case of "Mind over Matter",  The Government don't Mind, and I don't Matter.

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 02:09:04 pm »
Get your self some SHEEP!

AND stay off that mower....

~~~GB~~~

I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

Offline BilltheDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 01:56:00 am »
Don't be in a hurry Gabby.  You will be back to doing the grass plenty soon enough.  I feel your impatience, but let it go!  You will heal up in your own good time, and the grass will grow regardless of who does the cutting.
"Measure twice, cut once, count fingers"

Offline wombatie

• Victoria Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:35 am »
The grass will ALWAYS need mowing but you need to take the time to heal and get back to being 100%.  Please don't rush yourself, we only have one Gabby and we love him.  (((((HUGS)))))

Marg
MARG

No one notices what I do until I'm not here to do it............

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »
The grass will ALWAYS need mowing but you need to take the time to heal and get back to being 100%.  Please don't rush yourself, we only have one Gabby and we love him.  (((((HUGS)))))

Marg

Aw Shucks, thanks y'all just keep those hugs gentle for the time being. I AM  A HUGGER and enjoy good hugs especially from well endowed ladies.  ;D but since the surgery that's out of the question. Just one more thing I can't do until I heal. So now you know the truth I'm a pervert and can't wait to get back to it. LMBO
I'm paying attention to all the good advise, thanks again I appreciate all your prayers and consideration.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!

SMF

Teknoromi