Author Topic: Do you believe this .....  (Read 4022 times)

Offline GrayBeard

• My DW 788 sends you HUGZZZZ from Missouri, USA!
    • View Profile
Do you believe this .....
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:19:58 pm »
? Wed Mar 2, 8:24 am ET
ATHERTON, Calif. ? A California school teacher was placed on paid administrative leave after he rattled a table to get the attention of his math students, startling an eighth-grade girl who used her cell phone to call police.
Atherton police Sgt. Tim Lynch tells the Palo Alto Daily News that officers went to Selby Lane School Tuesday afternoon because of reports a teacher was causing a disturbance.
Officers found a calm teacher with class in session.
The sergeant says the teacher's table-rattling startled a student and she used her cell phone to call 911. He says other students in the class weren't bothered by the teacher's actions.
Redwood City School District deputy superintendent John Baker says the teacher was placed on leave because there was a police response.

What the heck has the education system come to?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

yankeebum2

Re: Do you believe this .....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:51:14 pm »
Unreal. Being a teacher in today's schools is one job I just would not want.

Chachi

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 10:10:32 pm »
My teachers would be in Jail if they had this girl in their class, I see nothing wrong with what the teacher did I used to sleep in class all the time and my teachers would Slam books throw eraser pencils pens all kind of stuff at you till you woke up, I fell this little girl should have gotten in trouble not him.

chief

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:20 pm »
Because kids are always right and the adult is always wrong and we wonder why our country is going to sh!t.  We cant hurt their feelings, we cant cuss at them, we cant make them feel bad, there can be no losers, we have to lower the standard if they all cant meet it.  My son is 19 and wouldnt listen to my wife and me.  He knew better than we did and he did what he wanted.  Well he thought he would stay in CA when we moved up to WA and live a great life since he wasnt under our roof.  Well he lost his  license, has a $1000 fine to the courts, does not have steady income, and cant join the Navy until he pays off his fines.  He finally got smart and quit partying with his friends all the time and starting taking our advice.  
Kids are in for a rude awakening, you work for me I dont care about your feelings, I dont care if you get scared or offended.  I care that you do your job and do it well.  In the real world there are losers.

Offline dgman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:34:56 pm »
And why the heck are students allowed to have their phones on in class?
Dan In Southern California

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:38:51 pm »
Some questions...

1. What the hell was she doing with a cellphone in class?

2. Why did SHE feel so damned superior that SHE called the cops?

3. Why did the School Board suspend someone who was doing his job?

4. When did the American school system who are supposed to represent US turn into such a bunch of WIMPS?

Sorry folks, the Brothers of Mary who taught at my school would not have 'rattled' a desk...they would have smacked us in the head and screamed,
"Are you paying attention NOW?"

I just cannot understand the whole concept of today's educational system?!?!?!?!?!?

~~~GB~~~
I never really wanted to grow up....All I wanted was to be able to reach the cookie jar...and play with my DW 788

cherie

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 11:35:49 pm »
WOW GB, this sure hit a nerve with everyone on FB and here!!  Something needs to be done, and I mean take back what we used to have. 

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 12:13:45 am »
You're right, Cherie!

Since when did the damn kids take over and make the parents subservient?

Sorry folks but if one of mine had done this they would be severely but not PHYSICALLY punished!

What a slap in the face of the teaching community!
Since when can they NOT control the classroom?

Too damn much Political Correctness and legal Kissing of Posteriors!

~~~GrayBeard~~~
One PiXXed Old Parent!

marmoh

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:32 am »
I just watched a video of a kid who thinks it's wrong that his boss expects him to show up to work on time and to do things the way he wants it done.  He feels that the workers should stand together and take over the business.  The mind set of kids now days is scary.

Offline GrayBeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 12:31:06 am »
No It is not scary .....

IT will be the end of your/our world as we know it!

The "Inmates are running the Asylum!"

~~~GrayBeard~~~

Dawie

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 01:52:34 am »
What next? Sounds like it's the same all over the world.
David

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 03:24:09 am »
Well we're all probably going to get in trouble for this "Political discussion". But I'm going to weigh in anyway. I'm tired of "Political Correctness".
We are rapidly becoming a "Nanny State" where we will be told everything we are "Allowed" to say or do. I just saw on the news that they now have a "reading" program for grade school kids that is corrupting our constitution. Check it out for yourselves. I saw the brat claiming they should organize to take over the Noodle store from the owner founder. Because he insisted they show up for work at a specified time, and told THEM how to cook HIS noodles. The nerve of this guy thinking that since he founded and built HIS business that he could tell the employees how to do the work. Shame on him!        Sarcasm intended!!!!!!
How about we Unionize the military, then the recruits could tell those in charge how to do their job, even though they don't have a clue what is required. We're on strike and aren't going to protect our country until we get our raise.
Wake up America, we are loosing it.
My humble opinion.
Gabby

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:34:53 am by Gabby »
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

cherie

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 03:48:18 am »
Welcome aboard Gabby.  Kids these days have no respect for their elders.  When I was growing up, just as many of us, I was punished for back mouthing, not doing what I was told, ect....everything else a kid got into trouble over.  There was a time that one of my kids kept threatening to call 911 if I did not lay off him...one day it happened...Dustin got his ass chewed by the police officer for making a fake 911 call.   LMAO.  I guess it all depends on who your talking that matters.  The only thing I did, was tell Dustin that he had to do his chores or he was grounded.  I very rarely every spanked my kids...unless they really needed it.

Offline Gabby

• Yer durn tootin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 04:01:55 am »
Thanks Cherie, I appreciate the support. I guess what really set me of was the school arbitrarily sent the teacher home, just because a little twit decided to call the police as if it was a foregone conclusion that the teacher was at fault. With their hands tied there will be anarchy in the class rooms. I've been a police man and a school bus driver (among other things) and the driving job was probably the most stressful of the 2.
Gabby
MOLON LABE.
TRUST IN GOD!
 DON'T BELIEVE ALL YOU HEAR & DON'T SAY ALL THAT YOU THINK !

Mainewoods

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 07:13:42 am »
My2C,

1. We're becoming too soft.  No one can handle being yelled at, pointed at or told that they are wrong.

2.  We're becoming too selfish.  No one is willing to do anything if it doesn't benefit themselves.

3.  We're becoming too spoiled.  Everyone expects others to help them when they're perfectly capable of helping themselves. 

4.  We're becoming too greedy.  Everyone wants to have a huge flatscreen tv, sports car, 3,500 square foot home, and  all the latest electronic gadgets.  All our ancestors worked simply toward survival, not to have the latest and greatest.   

5.  We've completely forgotten what is truly important to life.  Air, Shelter, Water, Food and Love!  Nothing else is necessary.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox now.  Time to go saw something!

SMF

Teknoromi